New to forum, just bought a Bobcat 310

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

oldchachie

Hey there. I'm in northern WI and I just bought a clark bobcat 310 with a serial number of 4996-M-11341 at least thats all i can make of the serial number. I've not even picked it up yet, bought it on auction, so I'm just getting started on my learning curve. I'd like to learn as much about this particular model as possible. Can anyone tell me any info that can be extracted from the serial number such as year of mfg? Does anyone have any good websites for history/mechanical information/general information/parts for this model? One thing I'm interested in, the machine has the aux hydraulic valve, but no hoses/lines for it or pedals. Anyone have any pics of how a petal/control setup might look for that aux valve? I'm kinda thinkin i need to figure out what year it is in order to get the right manuals. anyone have any input on that? does one manual cover all years? any suggestions on the cleanest/best manual to buy/download (I'd rather have a pdf than hard copy)... Anyway, thanks for having me! Adam

Hotrod1830

When I had my 310, I found a paper manual on ebay. I gave it to the buyer when I sold it though. If you search, you may find a PDF copy of the manual. you will need to search overseas websites for a PDF manual though. I have gotten several for my other loaders and you download after you buy and they send you a CD later.
I added auxillary hydraulics to mine. search my posts and you will see a couple pictures.
A service manual and the parts diagram on Bobcat.com will be your best help on service.
Before you ask how to adjust the clutches, I will tell you to look at the parts diagram and remove the chain case cover when you adjust them. A service manual will give you a idea, but there is no easy way to explain how to adjust them, other than you seeing how they work and seeing what is happening when you make adjustments. Trust me, you WILL want to adjust them. It makes a world of difference in how they operate/feel. with these machines being 35-40 year old and new school dealer techs trying to avoid them, they are in need of some attention.

spitzair

Welcome to the forum Adam! A great place to look for parts is www.bobcatpartsonline.com They have a search function where you can search my serial number and it will take you to the correct page for your serial number range of machine. When you do search by serial number just make sure you take the hyphens out of the number otherwise it won't work - so you would type in 4996M11341 and it should work great, if that doesn't work take the hyphens and the M out so 499611341. If that still doesn't work you can look it up by machine model and serial number range. It will show you every last nut and bolt on the machine and the Bobcat part number. Should the part not be available anymore through Bobcat it will say NLA but sometimes a good parts person will still be able to find you one stashed away somewhere. You can buy all manual from Bobcat but they will cost a few bucks, otherwise you can find them on ebay for much better prices. Enjoy your new toy!