New to forum and skid steers - 843B questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hi - As stated, I'm new to both the forum and to skid steers. I'm looking at buying a 843B (~1992, ~3000hours) from a neighbor who also has a newer machine. Does this particular model have specific quirks/design issues/potential problems/weaknesses I should be aware of? Any other advice for a newbie welcome. Thanks, Mickey

Tazza

Staff member
As far as i'm aware these machines are very good, they have heaps of power too! As its a bigger machine it will of course use more fuel. I think these run a Perkins engine that will cost a little more to repair if its ever needed but i'm pretty sure parts are still available.
I have heard no bad stories about these machines, just watch coolant and oil levels. I remember someone in this forum that had one that he loaned out and came back with a broken head from running it out of water.

OP
OP
Deleted User 1107
As far as i'm aware these machines are very good, they have heaps of power too! As its a bigger machine it will of course use more fuel. I think these run a Perkins engine that will cost a little more to repair if its ever needed but i'm pretty sure parts are still available.
I have heard no bad stories about these machines, just watch coolant and oil levels. I remember someone in this forum that had one that he loaned out and came back with a broken head from running it out of water.
This one has an Isuzu engine. Searching this forum got one comment that it was noisier than some, and ear protection was required, but I'd do that anyway. Thanks for the response. Mickey

Latest posts