New site?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cat268b

Hello my name is Chris Im new to this site. I have been reading most of the posted items on here. Its seems thier are alot of posting but not many answers to the ? people ask. So is this a new site for people? I just got my first skid steer and thought i would read up on what everone eles was doing. Thanks for reading this posting.

sterlclan

No the site has been around for a while as far as answering questions if we know the answer we try to answer them. welcome to the site Jeff

140mower

No the site has been around for a while as far as answering questions if we know the answer we try to answer them. welcome to the site Jeff
Hi Chris,
While this site has been around for awhile, I think it is really starting to take off. I joined back in June of this year and I think I was the 267th member and I see today there are 319. If this growth continues, we should soon have the diversity in owners and their machines that very few questions will hopefully go un-answered.
Having said that, I think the most valuable tool you can own is the proper service manual for any machine. Even if you don't normally do your own repairs it will help better understand what's going on, and as an added bonus the first time you use it to fix something small it pays for itself around the second hour.
Hope to talk again, and if I can help I'll try and do what I can. I've got a 763, but am still kind of new to the skidsteer world.
Don

OP
OP
C

cat268b

Hi Chris,
While this site has been around for awhile, I think it is really starting to take off. I joined back in June of this year and I think I was the 267th member and I see today there are 319. If this growth continues, we should soon have the diversity in owners and their machines that very few questions will hopefully go un-answered.
Having said that, I think the most valuable tool you can own is the proper service manual for any machine. Even if you don't normally do your own repairs it will help better understand what's going on, and as an added bonus the first time you use it to fix something small it pays for itself around the second hour.
Hope to talk again, and if I can help I'll try and do what I can. I've got a 763, but am still kind of new to the skidsteer world.
Don
Many Thanks look forward to learning from something from everyone.

OP
OP
C

cat268b

Many Thanks look forward to learning from something from everyone.
Oh yeah, I just bought a cat 268b with a Mulcher head, 6 way Blade,Forks, Bucket,VTS Tracks and a ANBO Grapple. The Skid Steer is in rest will be in on Tuesday cant wait. I have a 250 acre Farm and a few acres at my house. I got a couple of prices on Mulching it and figured Id have have the thing 1/2 paid for by the time I paid some one to do it so I bought it myself. Should be fun to play with the new toys. The only thing I wander about is the head. I saw a demo on the FAE head. CAT has thier on head they say FAE bluids. I havent even seen it but if its as good as the FAE ill be happy.

roadkill

Oh yeah, I just bought a cat 268b with a Mulcher head, 6 way Blade,Forks, Bucket,VTS Tracks and a ANBO Grapple. The Skid Steer is in rest will be in on Tuesday cant wait. I have a 250 acre Farm and a few acres at my house. I got a couple of prices on Mulching it and figured Id have have the thing 1/2 paid for by the time I paid some one to do it so I bought it myself. Should be fun to play with the new toys. The only thing I wander about is the head. I saw a demo on the FAE head. CAT has thier on head they say FAE bluids. I havent even seen it but if its as good as the FAE ill be happy.
I am also new to skid steers and this forum, and they have answered every question I had. I also am in the middle of a repair that would have been extremely costly at the dealer. With the answers and confidence I got from the support on here, and the service and parts manuals, I am saving a bunch and learning alot. These guys are awesome. It looks like it used to be called bobcatforum, so naturally it is a bit slanted toward bobcats, but the more knowledgable users of other brands that find the site the better. Actually, spread the word.

OP
OP
C

cat268b

I am also new to skid steers and this forum, and they have answered every question I had. I also am in the middle of a repair that would have been extremely costly at the dealer. With the answers and confidence I got from the support on here, and the service and parts manuals, I am saving a bunch and learning alot. These guys are awesome. It looks like it used to be called bobcatforum, so naturally it is a bit slanted toward bobcats, but the more knowledgable users of other brands that find the site the better. Actually, spread the word.
Thanks RoadKill I will spread the word. chris

140mower

Cat268b,
Sounds like a very nice package you have coming there. Am I correct in assuming that it is all new equipment? Honestly, I'm not sure how you can do it. If that was all headed my way, the anticipation would be driving me nuts and I'd likely be driving a thousand miles to head it off to take delivery a little sooner. (I was never very good around X-mas either.)
emotion-10.gif

I hope you keep us all up-to-date on both the good, the bad, and the ugly of how it works out for you over time.
Don

OP
OP
C

cat268b

Cat268b,
Sounds like a very nice package you have coming there. Am I correct in assuming that it is all new equipment? Honestly, I'm not sure how you can do it. If that was all headed my way, the anticipation would be driving me nuts and I'd likely be driving a thousand miles to head it off to take delivery a little sooner. (I was never very good around X-mas either.)
I hope you keep us all up-to-date on both the good, the bad, and the ugly of how it works out for you over time.
Don
Yes all new equipment, They have most of it in and the worst part is I told them I wanted it all at one time. They would have delviered it last week but this keeps the pressure on them to get all together. I mean they are waiting on their check for it. lol I was temped to take some of it but this is working out well the salemen has been easy to find. lol thanks Chris

siduramaxde

Yes all new equipment, They have most of it in and the worst part is I told them I wanted it all at one time. They would have delviered it last week but this keeps the pressure on them to get all together. I mean they are waiting on their check for it. lol I was temped to take some of it but this is working out well the salemen has been easy to find. lol thanks Chris
I hope he is easy to find after the delivery too. You may have some questions and a good dealer/salesman will know the answer.

Latest posts