New Problem for the 773

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

triad

My engine is shutting off from lack of fuel. What I am finding is the fuel filter is empty. I pulled the supply hose off ( I guess it's some kind of diaphram pump on the fuel pump) and feel suction from where it was attached. From there another hose goes to the filter. Any ideas? I'm thinking it's this small pump if thats what it is. I checked hose'e for pin holes and found none. Steve

Tazza

Staff member
Is your hand primer going flat? if you have a restriction at the pickup it will flatten out. You could even have a crack in your fuel pickup tube inside the fuel tank.
The lift pump doesn't need to move much fuel, the small suction you mention is normal. I'd start at the tank and see if its simply a cracked hose inside the tank causing the problem.

OP
OP
T

triad

Is your hand primer going flat? if you have a restriction at the pickup it will flatten out. You could even have a crack in your fuel pickup tube inside the fuel tank.
The lift pump doesn't need to move much fuel, the small suction you mention is normal. I'd start at the tank and see if its simply a cracked hose inside the tank causing the problem.
The hand pump doesn't flatten out but it does empty. I'll climb in there in the morning and see what I can find. By the way how do you check that start switch? I believe there are 4 wires on it. Thanks