New Owner of 763 - Stupid Questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SpaceCase614

I'm new to the forum and have some stupid questions. I've operated a T190 several times doing demolition for a friend. I'm not an equipment operator by trade. I have a long driveway in a snowfilled area so after breaking a 45" commercial duty snowblower and being tired of freezing on a tractor with a snowblower I purchased a 1999 Bobcat 763 with cab and heat. I'm used to all the typical operation, movement and bucket control. What I have no idea on and have no manual for the machine is what the hand controls can do. The triggers and switches. I am going to make a mount from my plow since I no longer have a truck and want to be able to hook the tilt hydraulics up to the bobcat. Can someone give me a quick rundown or a manual on what the switches and triggers do on the hand controls? Right now I just have a bucket to clear snow but I love metal fabrication and have lots of toys to build my own stuff.

ancomcabs

Hi,
My machine is newer but there is a button on the dash that says "aux hyd" I press that to activate the auxilary hydraulics then I can control the left and right of my plow with the center switch on the right hand control where my thumb would be.

OP
OP
SpaceCase614

SpaceCase614

Hi,
My machine is newer but there is a button on the dash that says "aux hyd" I press that to activate the auxilary hydraulics then I can control the left and right of my plow with the center switch on the right hand control where my thumb would be.
I learned from reading on here that you can't use the aux hydraulics to control non bobcat attachments so my snowplow that I wanted to control from my truck would not be adaptable because there is no control box for the plow. That sucks. I mounted it to the bracket yesterday and am ready to plow snow but I welded the blade straight since it would push easily to one side or the other without the hydraulic cylinders. Don't have many ideas for attachments that require hydraulics but a few that would be nice. Like grapple arms on my bucket. I know a lot of people do these and I wonder if they have just seperate electronics other than the ones on the controls.

jerry

I learned from reading on here that you can't use the aux hydraulics to control non bobcat attachments so my snowplow that I wanted to control from my truck would not be adaptable because there is no control box for the plow. That sucks. I mounted it to the bracket yesterday and am ready to plow snow but I welded the blade straight since it would push easily to one side or the other without the hydraulic cylinders. Don't have many ideas for attachments that require hydraulics but a few that would be nice. Like grapple arms on my bucket. I know a lot of people do these and I wonder if they have just seperate electronics other than the ones on the controls.
You can control the plow with the bobcat hyd , just bypass everything on the plow and connect the hoses from the cylinders directly to the aux couplers on the machine. Lots of posts on how to do it in the attacments or homemade forums.

ancomcabs

You can control the plow with the bobcat hyd , just bypass everything on the plow and connect the hoses from the cylinders directly to the aux couplers on the machine. Lots of posts on how to do it in the attacments or homemade forums.
What Jerry said, plow is one of the easiest to do just run lines from the two angled cylinders to the Bobcat Aux connectors with some kind of flow restrictor and you should be good to go. My plow is an older Fischer that I use that way

OP
OP
SpaceCase614

SpaceCase614

What Jerry said, plow is one of the easiest to do just run lines from the two angled cylinders to the Bobcat Aux connectors with some kind of flow restrictor and you should be good to go. My plow is an older Fischer that I use that way
Shoot .. I shouldn't have welded it in place. I bet I can grind it free again. Do you then control the plow from one of the buttons on the levers or do you need separate controls? What buttons on what stick just control flow from each connector? Which button controls which flow? Do you need double acting cylinders or will it only flow when the button it pressed then let the fluid back in when not pressed? I've done searches and see how people connected them but not details about the cylinders or the actual control of the plow.

jerry

Shoot .. I shouldn't have welded it in place. I bet I can grind it free again. Do you then control the plow from one of the buttons on the levers or do you need separate controls? What buttons on what stick just control flow from each connector? Which button controls which flow? Do you need double acting cylinders or will it only flow when the button it pressed then let the fluid back in when not pressed? I've done searches and see how people connected them but not details about the cylinders or the actual control of the plow.
No, reread ancomcabs post. You change nothing on the cylinders since when you send fluid into one it forces it out of the other . One cylinder is connected to one aux coupler and the other cyl is connected to the other aux coupler. Do the search for more info as you will want flow restrictors of some kind to slow the movement down.

OP
OP
SpaceCase614

SpaceCase614

No, reread ancomcabs post. You change nothing on the cylinders since when you send fluid into one it forces it out of the other . One cylinder is connected to one aux coupler and the other cyl is connected to the other aux coupler. Do the search for more info as you will want flow restrictors of some kind to slow the movement down.
But when then tells it to flow out one aux line or the other? Which switches do that?

jerry

But when then tells it to flow out one aux line or the other? Which switches do that?
First things first. Contact Old machinist on this forum for any manuals he may have on pdf for your machine, he will need serial number. I am not familiar with your machine but I think you have a switch on one steering stick that controls aux direction and a trigger switch but that is for continuous flow. You can always call the bobcat dealer also. good luck

OP
OP
SpaceCase614

SpaceCase614

First things first. Contact Old machinist on this forum for any manuals he may have on pdf for your machine, he will need serial number. I am not familiar with your machine but I think you have a switch on one steering stick that controls aux direction and a trigger switch but that is for continuous flow. You can always call the bobcat dealer also. good luck
Will do. Thanks for all your help and advice. I can't wait to get this working the way I originally wanted it to.

wings5j

Will do. Thanks for all your help and advice. I can't wait to get this working the way I originally wanted it to.
Just a suggestion as far as your controls go. The dealer should be able to get you the basic operator manual fairly reasonably and it would have the description (and pictures ;-) of the control switches and operation.
Of course, I am the oddball that likes to read instructions :)
John

7LBSSMALLIE

Just a suggestion as far as your controls go. The dealer should be able to get you the basic operator manual fairly reasonably and it would have the description (and pictures ;-) of the control switches and operation.
Of course, I am the oddball that likes to read instructions :)
John
did anbody mention the left pedal foward foat,( yea just like youre three point on tractor)

OP
OP
SpaceCase614

SpaceCase614

did anbody mention the left pedal foward foat,( yea just like youre three point on tractor)
I was told about the left pedal float however I haven't been able to get that to work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't get it to float no matter how far I push it. The guys at the dealer today went over with me how to make the controls work so I picked up the quick couplers and will get those connected to my plow. So far it makes incredibly quick work of my driveway and I absolutely love it but the ability to angle will make it even that much quicker. :)

jerry

I was told about the left pedal float however I haven't been able to get that to work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't get it to float no matter how far I push it. The guys at the dealer today went over with me how to make the controls work so I picked up the quick couplers and will get those connected to my plow. So far it makes incredibly quick work of my driveway and I absolutely love it but the ability to angle will make it even that much quicker. :)
If you attached the plow with a chain for the upper link ,same as on the pickup truck, you won't need the float for snow. Are you going to install flow restrictors in the lines? It will angle very fast without unless you are able to feather the aux valve. Now you have a plow the next thing is a blower.

OP
OP
SpaceCase614

SpaceCase614

If you attached the plow with a chain for the upper link ,same as on the pickup truck, you won't need the float for snow. Are you going to install flow restrictors in the lines? It will angle very fast without unless you are able to feather the aux valve. Now you have a plow the next thing is a blower.
It's a boss plow so there is no upper chain. I welded a bracket in where the up/down cylinder used to be. I do have a crossover relief valve and adjustable flow control valves for each side. I haven't hooked it up yet, still waiting on the crossover to show up. Here's what it looks like before adding the hydraulics. https://picasaweb.google.com/100009066692724308393/Bobcat#5842586995399722098 Can't post the pic like normal. Can't do a lot like normal on this forum because I'm on a mac.

OP
OP
SpaceCase614

SpaceCase614

It's a boss plow so there is no upper chain. I welded a bracket in where the up/down cylinder used to be. I do have a crossover relief valve and adjustable flow control valves for each side. I haven't hooked it up yet, still waiting on the crossover to show up. Here's what it looks like before adding the hydraulics. https://picasaweb.google.com/100009066692724308393/Bobcat#5842586995399722098 Can't post the pic like normal. Can't do a lot like normal on this forum because I'm on a mac.
myplow.jpg

Logged into a Windows Machine to post. This is much better. And it doesn't smash all my sentences together.

Latest posts