New holland l785

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dimambro22

I have recently acquired a nh l785 ford diesel skid steer. Everything works except the left hand drive. The drive motor turns 1/4 of the way. Is there a releif valve or something that is stopping the flow or what? Is the motor just shot and need to be replaced? Please help thanks

Mike10

Does the engine pull down when you attempt to use the left hydro motor? If so, you have a mechanical problem in the chain case. If the engine does not pull down, then you have a problem in either the pump or the motor.

Mike10

There are two relief valves for each hydro pump. One for forward and one for reverse. I take it the machine will not move either direction. To have two relief valves fail at the same time is not too likely.

OP
OP
D

Dimambro22

There are two relief valves for each hydro pump. One for forward and one for reverse. I take it the machine will not move either direction. To have two relief valves fail at the same time is not too likely.
Just the left side will not move well a 1/4 rotation each way. The right side works just fine. I checked the fluid it a little low so I am going to top it off and see what happens. Thanks

OP
OP
D

Dimambro22

Just the left side will not move well a 1/4 rotation each way. The right side works just fine. I checked the fluid it a little low so I am going to top it off and see what happens. Thanks
Well think I found the problem added about 4 gallons of fluid and low and behold the left pump t Where it connects to the drive shaft from the motor is pissing it out like you wouldn't believe. Is there a seal back there or should I just repair the whole thing? Thanks

Well think I found the problem added about 4 gallons of fluid and low and behold the left pump t Where it connects to the drive shaft from the motor is pissing it out like you wouldn't believe. Is there a seal back there or should I just repair the whole thing? Thanks
Where did you put the hydralic fluid in?

JWD

If you're setting in the machine it's on the right side next to your leg. Mine has a metal cap with a "T" shape top so you can pull up on it with two fingers. It's the dipstick and the fill hole. I use a long plastic transmission fluid funnel I bought at the farm store. Atwoods around here.

If you're setting in the machine it's on the right side next to your leg. Mine has a metal cap with a "T" shape top so you can pull up on it with two fingers. It's the dipstick and the fill hole. I use a long plastic transmission fluid funnel I bought at the farm store. Atwoods around here.
Thank You. That is what I thought. What are the 2 black caps ? There is one on each side by a persons knee.