New Holland L-425, Stalling Problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jsisson

Hello, I am trying to get some helpful information for a farmer friend of mine, He has late 70's early 80's New Holland L-425 with The Wisconsin V4HD engine. He has replaced the following parts- Coil, Starter Solenoid, and Fuel Pump. His Problem is that after running normally for an hour or so it will shut down, after waiting for a short period of time about 20 mins or so, it will start and run again for the same hour and repeat this cycle. I am thinking it is something getting hot and causing this, seems almost like ignition or fuel related to me. Anyone that could possibly point me to a more specific problem or cause, I would Greatly Appreciate ANY Input or Information. Thank You Very Much In Advance!!!!! John Sisson, MY friend Kevin will also be very Thankful!!!

Tazza

Staff member
Did you try looseing the fuel cap?
Some carbs have a solenoid on the fuel bowl so when you turn the ignition off it cuts the fuel to the main jet. If fitted, these soelnoids have been known to go bad.

Mike10

The fuel cap as Antfarmer said would be a good place to start. One other area that will give you problems is the fuel pump. Back in the day NH came with an electric fuel pump for these loaders. Installing the electric fuel pump made a lot of those problem, such as yours, go away.