New Holland C190 seat switch

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kertstill

I have a C190 seems to be having seat / seat belt switch issues the switch under seat has 3 wiers but 2 of them are on the same spade the seatbelt switch has only 2 wires (green and white ) does the seat switch supply power to the seatbelt switch and I assume both are normally open

Mike10

The harness could be wired two ways depending on the year the machine was made. The earlier machines also had three wires at the seat switch like the later models. One of three wires is the power in supply, the second is power to the seat belt and the third wire is power back to the instrument panel from the seat switch. The colors are green, green with red stripe and tan. Without looking I am not sure which green wire is supply. The older machines had the supply to one terminal of the seat switch and the other green wire with the tan wire at the other terminal. In this setup power would only be supplied to the seat belt if the seat switch was activated. This worked fine until the electrically engaged parking brakes came along. What would happen in rough ground conditions is the operator could bounce off the seat momentarily and cut the power to the seat belt which would cause the parking brake to engage. To correct this the two green wires were put together on one terminal and the tan wire was on the other terminal. With this setup there is power at the seat belt at all times.

OP
OP
K

kertstill

The harness could be wired two ways depending on the year the machine was made. The earlier machines also had three wires at the seat switch like the later models. One of three wires is the power in supply, the second is power to the seat belt and the third wire is power back to the instrument panel from the seat switch. The colors are green, green with red stripe and tan. Without looking I am not sure which green wire is supply. The older machines had the supply to one terminal of the seat switch and the other green wire with the tan wire at the other terminal. In this setup power would only be supplied to the seat belt if the seat switch was activated. This worked fine until the electrically engaged parking brakes came along. What would happen in rough ground conditions is the operator could bounce off the seat momentarily and cut the power to the seat belt which would cause the parking brake to engage. To correct this the two green wires were put together on one terminal and the tan wire was on the other terminal. With this setup there is power at the seat belt at all times.
Thanks Mike I will try it tomorrow evening

Latest posts