New Bobcat 763G Owner

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MadeInAmerica

Hi Everyone, I recently acquired a Bobcat 763G from my grandfather. It has 380 original hours, but has been sitting for a while. I'm in the process of doing a tune-up so that I can use it for side jobs on the weekends. I enjoy working on my own stuff, but I have never worked on a skid steer before. I have a good amount of experience operating a skid steer, so I'm looking forward to owning my own. So far I have changed the oil & filter, air filters, fuel filter, and added some fresh diesel fuel. I haven't had a chance to change the hydraulic fluid or filter. The skid steer seems to be in good shape. It runs great and everything works as expected. I did notice that it has a small leak that I haven't had a chance to track down yet. I'm guessing it is hydraulic fluid because that was the only fluid that was a little low when I checked everything. Anything else you guys can recommend that I should check for this initial tune-up? It looks like this forum has a lot of good information, so I'm going to do some searching to see what I can find. I would like to get the Service, Operation & Maintenance, and Parts manuals. Is there by chance any place that I can download them for free or purchase them for a good price? Thanks, Taylor

tacboss

Welcome to the forums Taylor. Sounds like you have a nice machine there. Also sounds like you are well on the way to getting it in shape to go to work. I'm also a 763 owner. Great machines.

OP
OP
M

MadeInAmerica

Welcome to the forums Taylor. Sounds like you have a nice machine there. Also sounds like you are well on the way to getting it in shape to go to work. I'm also a 763 owner. Great machines.
Thanks for the welcome tacboss. I really like the machine and I have been reading a lot of good things. Can't wait to put it to work after I fix the leak.

SkidRoe

Welcome, Taylor! Sounds like you have yourself a pretty sweet machine. Probably the best thing to do would be to change all the filters and fluids, not because of the hours, but because of the time it has sat. Manuals are best had off of eBay. Good luck with your new machine - SR

OP
OP
M

MadeInAmerica

Welcome, Taylor! Sounds like you have yourself a pretty sweet machine. Probably the best thing to do would be to change all the filters and fluids, not because of the hours, but because of the time it has sat. Manuals are best had off of eBay. Good luck with your new machine - SR
Thanks for the welcome SkidRoe. I looked on Ebay, but the manuals still seems pretty pricey considering most were no even original bobcat manuals. I'll keep looking and maybe I'll stumble across a deal.

tacboss

Thanks for the welcome SkidRoe. I looked on Ebay, but the manuals still seems pretty pricey considering most were no even original bobcat manuals. I'll keep looking and maybe I'll stumble across a deal.
Taylor, I have an original Bobcat 763 Operations and Maintenance manual. If you would like,, e-mail me at [email protected] Maybe I can get a copy of it made and mail it to you.

OP
OP
M

MadeInAmerica

Taylor, I have an original Bobcat 763 Operations and Maintenance manual. If you would like,, e-mail me at [email protected] Maybe I can get a copy of it made and mail it to you.
Thanks for the offer tacboss, wish I would have seen this earlier. I actually already ordered the Operations & Maintenance manual, as well as an electronic copy of the service manual off of eBay. Hopefully they will serve my needs for now.