Need some guidance for my new 440 skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
A

Arik434

Did you get to the bottom of your air leak ? I am going through the same issues with my 440b. I have replaced all the lines going to the pump , and the pintal seals . Still getting air In the tank and lift arms , I really appreciate any help .
Yes, my leak was through the pintal seals. That was the most frustrating air leak I've ever had!

Skidsteer1

Yes, my leak was through the pintal seals. That was the most frustrating air leak I've ever had!
Has anyone ever bought the parking break rod rubber boots ? I need to replace mine , I think it's letting water in the chain case. Any aftermarket boots?? Thank you

Skidsteer1

Incase someone ends up here. I Rigging up an electric motor to turn the hydraulic system wile I traced the air leak out on our 440B Farmboy Bobcat. I replaced the pintal seals ( KOA 16253-214) and the o-rings in the bottom of the pintal shaves . At this time I replaced all the hoses going to the pump , including the line that t's in from the filter. Still had air . Next I replaced the hydraulic pump seals and the shaft seal behind the belt drive.(NOK 16253-16NC)Works like new now , I am running John Deere hyguard hyd oil and life is good !I hope this helps someone in the future

coyote556

Incase someone ends up here. I Rigging up an electric motor to turn the hydraulic system wile I traced the air leak out on our 440B Farmboy Bobcat. I replaced the pintal seals ( KOA 16253-214) and the o-rings in the bottom of the pintal shaves . At this time I replaced all the hoses going to the pump , including the line that t's in from the filter. Still had air . Next I replaced the hydraulic pump seals and the shaft seal behind the belt drive.(NOK 16253-16NC)Works like new now , I am running John Deere hyguard hyd oil and life is good !I hope this helps someone in the future
Did you pull the hydraulic pump and hydrostat pumps all as one unit? I have the same air problems and need to get this thing fixed. Thanks

Latest posts