Need Pro's advice - Bobcat 2400

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Joe1010us

Hi everyone! I'm trying to help a friend who is not exactly computer friendly. He bought an old 91 Bobcat 2400 articulating loader. He soon found out how hard parts are to find! we managed to solve a few problems but there are two tough ones, maybe not tough at all for for a few... I'm hoping to find here. -Problem 1 - The control stick for the loader hydraulics is broken. There are two cables on the bottom of the assembly that work the hydraulics, they appear to be fine however it looks like everything above needs replaced. Is there any other compatible controllers out there that might fit this machine? After doing some research I'm not having luck. I cant imagine the whole machine should be rendered useless over this condition... Problem 2- the front bucket is currently stuck in the full tilt position. Without a working joystick, we gained access to the main control unit up front by following the cables. A little bit of hardware was removed where the control cable connects to try manually controlling the unit. The hydraulics move slightly....then a clicking sound...followed by no movement at all. I should add that the other hydraulics seem to be working everywhere else. We also removed the backhoe attachments recently, not sure if that could be related, but the two main connecting hoses for the backhoe were left separated at the back of the machine....there was a short discussion on whether they should remain separated or not.... Thanks so much for any input please put in your two cents even if you think there is no hope...lol. any advice toward any of those issues would very very appreciated.

SkidRoe

Obvious question first - have you contacted your dealer about parts? Sometimes, the parts are not as expensive as you might think...
You can also search the online catalog - there are some good exploded views on there that may help:
https://www.bobcatpartsonline.com/#/catalogBrowser
As far as the clicking that you are hearing when trying to override the control, it may be the BICS (if fitted) preventing "unintended" movement of the bucket, basically a safety system.
I have not seen a lot of activity on the Forum for your type of machine. Hopefully, somebody with more knowledge than I have will pipe up.
Cheers - SR

OP
OP
J

Joe1010us

Obvious question first - have you contacted your dealer about parts? Sometimes, the parts are not as expensive as you might think...
You can also search the online catalog - there are some good exploded views on there that may help:
https://www.bobcatpartsonline.com/#/catalogBrowser
As far as the clicking that you are hearing when trying to override the control, it may be the BICS (if fitted) preventing "unintended" movement of the bucket, basically a safety system.
I have not seen a lot of activity on the Forum for your type of machine. Hopefully, somebody with more knowledge than I have will pipe up.
Cheers - SR
Thanks for the reply SkidRoe! I have contacted the dealers and have been all over the parts catalog. The parts for this thing are obsolete.... it even has an older bob-tach mount system that is also obsolete, needed repair and we were able to get an updated version from Titan attachments..so everything has been a struggle so far. Its a nice machine so its worth a try. I'm sure most of the experts on this piece of equipment have retired long ago...lol. Good thought on the potential override control...I'll check into that. I find it sad that Bobcat cant help, if you buy a new machine today its only a matter of time until they expect you to throw it out because it needs something simple. I have reached out to numerous dealers and no one knows what would work....maybe this could end up being a donor machine to some other poor sap that dropped 12g. haha thanks again!