need info on auxiliary hydraulic motor for my BC 763

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1awert1

I have a 2002 BC 763-G it does not have Hi-flo....I believe it has a 15 GPM Hy, motor.??? question is, i hope to hook up a 60" FLAIL mower, it was on a 3 pt. hitch but will adpt it to a quick hitch plate. it was being run off a pto (540 rpm) what size hyd. motor would i look for in order to run this thing.....another ???? is it possible to add hi-flo to this machine..I have the 42 hp diesel.

TriHonu

You have a few options. You could buy or build a skidsteer 3-point adapter with a hydraulic motor like THIS ONE from Skidsteer Solutions.
If you want to build one, you can purchase the hydraulic motor with a PTO spline output shaft from Surplus Center.
You can also buy a hydraulic motor to just drive the flail mower.
Surplus Center has a hydraulic calculator available. It will calculate the motor RPM based for the flow rate of the loader and the displacement of the hydraulic motor. Motor RPM is a function of the amount of oil flowing from the loader and the volume of oil it takes to cause the motor to turn one revolution (the motor displacement). Be aware that the motor under load will have a lower RPM than what is calculated. This is caused by oil under pressure getting past the internal parts.
The force generated by the hydraulic motors shaft is a function of the hydraulic pressure.
For a 15 GPM flow in the aux, Skidsteer Solutions recommended model uses a 4.91 cubic inch motor. They rate this size motor for up to 17 gal per minute. Using the calculator from Surplus Center it will show a theoretical 706 rpm with no load on the motor. Depending upon the motor, it may be only 80%-90% efficient so it may only be turning at 565 rpm with a load on it. Note this is at full throttle on the loader.
If the loader is running at part throttle, the auxiliary flow will be less. (The slower the diesel engine is turning the slower the hydraulic pump is turning.)

OP
OP

1awert1

You have a few options. You could buy or build a skidsteer 3-point adapter with a hydraulic motor like THIS ONE from Skidsteer Solutions.
If you want to build one, you can purchase the hydraulic motor with a PTO spline output shaft from Surplus Center.
You can also buy a hydraulic motor to just drive the flail mower.
Surplus Center has a hydraulic calculator available. It will calculate the motor RPM based for the flow rate of the loader and the displacement of the hydraulic motor. Motor RPM is a function of the amount of oil flowing from the loader and the volume of oil it takes to cause the motor to turn one revolution (the motor displacement). Be aware that the motor under load will have a lower RPM than what is calculated. This is caused by oil under pressure getting past the internal parts.
The force generated by the hydraulic motors shaft is a function of the hydraulic pressure.
For a 15 GPM flow in the aux, Skidsteer Solutions recommended model uses a 4.91 cubic inch motor. They rate this size motor for up to 17 gal per minute. Using the calculator from Surplus Center it will show a theoretical 706 rpm with no load on the motor. Depending upon the motor, it may be only 80%-90% efficient so it may only be turning at 565 rpm with a load on it. Note this is at full throttle on the loader.
If the loader is running at part throttle, the auxiliary flow will be less. (The slower the diesel engine is turning the slower the hydraulic pump is turning.)
thanks much, everything i needed to know in one informative answer.......Great job!!!!