need help with my 873 again

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

slewpumper

Well guys I managed to run over a steel rod that jammed up into the engine compartment. It managed to cut the fuel line ( glad that is all it did). I have been told that it is hard to get diesels started once they have been ran out of gas and that is basically what happened. Cut the line clean through and the engine died. This gas line has a bulb on it so maybe I can use that to prime the motor again. Thanks for any advice on this!

Tazza

Staff member
Its not that hard. I'm not sure what the go is for your engine but mine you loosen a bleed screw on the injector pump that will allow fuel to by-pass and go back to the fuel tank. Loosen the valve and squeeze the primer bulb till it feels smooth and you can't feel any air. Close the valve and re-start.
Some have a nut you loosen that makes a mess but it does the same thing, removes air.
It will splutter when it first starts up, but thats totally normal as you have air in your injector lines.
Good luck.

OP
OP
S

slewpumper

Yeah Tazz it was no big deal. I replaced the line and just pumped the bulb till I could feel gas pushing through. Cranked just a little then fired right up. Couldn't be easier. Thanks for you response.

Latest posts