need help/advice

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcat743b

bought this 743b bobcat last fall. had a wheel seal leaking. fixed that, had a rear seal on the motor leaking, fixed that. hyd light was on so put in a new filter and it cleared that up. had wheels off up on jacks. when i started it the wheels would turn real slow. i started it probably twice a month just let it warm up. today i put the wheels back on. took the jacks out , starter it up and moved it out of the garage to see what it would do. after about 4 minutes the left side became jerky. after 10 minutes both sides were jerky. it sounds as maybe its air bond. i raised the bucket several times and it does have some air in it. hoping its just an air problem but is there something i can take loose to get every thing bled off. it seemed to work okay when i first pulled it into the barn. sometimes on the left side the control arm almost feels loose. all comments welcome, thanks for reading.

Tazza

Staff member
I'd check your oil level, you may have a bad motor carrier seal that is draining fluid into the chain case.

OP
OP
B

bobcat743b

I'd check your oil level, you may have a bad motor carrier seal that is draining fluid into the chain case.
oil level seems to be holding okay.. i stared it today and ran it for about 10 minutes and it was better. bucket seemed to be air free now. i noticed after i shut it off alot of foam/air bubbles in the sight glass. i just didn't know if there was a fitting maybe i could loosen to help bleed it quicker as im hoping its just air. thanks

Tazza

Staff member
oil level seems to be holding okay.. i stared it today and ran it for about 10 minutes and it was better. bucket seemed to be air free now. i noticed after i shut it off alot of foam/air bubbles in the sight glass. i just didn't know if there was a fitting maybe i could loosen to help bleed it quicker as im hoping its just air. thanks
Are there any wet oily spots? it's possilbe you're sucking in air somewhere.
The oil shoudl self bleed, i have never tried to bleed the air faster with cracking a fitting. I have been told that running a hose from the charge pressure sensor port back to the oil tank can help speed it up, but when i did this, i had other issues with my machine causing the bubbles, so it didn't help.
Just run it for 10 or so minutes, drive, lift and tilting then let it sit for the bubbles in the oil tank to pop then repeat.

OP
OP
B

bobcat743b

Are there any wet oily spots? it's possilbe you're sucking in air somewhere.
The oil shoudl self bleed, i have never tried to bleed the air faster with cracking a fitting. I have been told that running a hose from the charge pressure sensor port back to the oil tank can help speed it up, but when i did this, i had other issues with my machine causing the bubbles, so it didn't help.
Just run it for 10 or so minutes, drive, lift and tilting then let it sit for the bubbles in the oil tank to pop then repeat.
beginning to think theres something else wrong but havent figured it out yet.. i do have 3 wires to the shutoff solenoid. red, yellow and black . plug looks good and clean. just not clear if theres a timer to give it a good shot of voltage then its a lower voltage to hold or not. im thinking maybe the coil is bad on the solenoid. schematics are real clear. .

Tazza

Staff member
beginning to think theres something else wrong but havent figured it out yet.. i do have 3 wires to the shutoff solenoid. red, yellow and black . plug looks good and clean. just not clear if theres a timer to give it a good shot of voltage then its a lower voltage to hold or not. im thinking maybe the coil is bad on the solenoid. schematics are real clear. .
Check resistance with a meter between black and red, then black and white.
Another way is to use a battery, hook up -ve to the black, then brush +12 to the white, then the red connector. See if one pulls the plunger up with a clunk noise. If it does, your pull coil is working. Work out what colour is pull. If you then apply +12 to the other colour, then bruch +12 to the pull coil, it should hold in place till you remove power from the one you have constant power to.
Never hold power to the pull coil, only the hold one. The pull one will burn out if powered for a long period of time.
Hopefully that will tell you if the coil is good or not, or if the issue is a power issue.