Need Help 610 Tilt, Lift and Aux Control valve rebuilds

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

buckshot

Greetings Y'all, My 610 hyd control valves need rebuilding. After much grief, too many hours and a more then a few choice words I got the control valve assembly out of the machine. I am looking for the kits and I think all three spools. can anyone give me an idea on what the costs would be for the 3 kits and 3 spools? How about where to get them? Being retired I am in need of all the cost savings I can find. the control valves are made by Gresen. Is there a thread on this repair to help with the rebuild? Thank in advance for your help. Have fun, buckshot Ocala, Florida

redleaf

www.loaderpartssource.com You can try them too
Had to chuckle when I read your post, I also have my hydraulic assembly out after many hours and obcenities! I have since learned than my spools are pitted and should be replaced but that is not an option since gresen hydraulics no longer makes these particular control valves. I am putting new seals in and hoping for the best. My only other options are searching for used valves or retrofitting different valves.

Tazza

Staff member
Had to chuckle when I read your post, I also have my hydraulic assembly out after many hours and obcenities! I have since learned than my spools are pitted and should be replaced but that is not an option since gresen hydraulics no longer makes these particular control valves. I am putting new seals in and hoping for the best. My only other options are searching for used valves or retrofitting different valves.
Depending on where they are pitted, if its the spool, you can get someone to hard chrome them and grind back to fill up the scores. Its an option, if its not too bad, leave it and keep an eye out for a used control block.

OP
OP
B

buckshot

Depending on where they are pitted, if its the spool, you can get someone to hard chrome them and grind back to fill up the scores. Its an option, if its not too bad, leave it and keep an eye out for a used control block.
Morning guys, An update to my control valve problem. I went to the internet and plugged in "bobcat 610" on ebay and came up with a complete control valve body from Hess Brothers in Indiana. I emailed them in order to insure the spools in their valve body were not shot. They assured me that the spools were in good shape and the add listed the valve body as one that came out of a working machine. I bought and had them ship it out to me. As soon as I got it I took it to Marion Hydraulics here in Ocala, Fl. Because the R&R of this body is such a pain in the A$$ I wanted to be sure it was serviceable. They pressure tested it and informed me that the inner casting of the valve body was "fractured and worthless". We then checked to see if the spools from the newly acquired valve body could be fitted to my old valve body. I had Marion Hyd. install the new O rings and seals and pressure test it. It worked!!!. Although I got burnt on the valve body I was able to obtain the goal by salvaging the spools. Redleaf, You may think of going to e bay also but as in all things bought this way "LET THE BUYER BEWARE". I wish to thank all of you folks who responded to my call for help. Now I need help again. After filling the hyd system I found out my left front wheel seal is leaking bad. Are there any short cuts to R&R this seal. I would think the bearings should be replaced while it is apart. I may start a new thread to obtain the most feed back. Good luck Redleaf - Hess Brothers may have the parts you need from the same machine this valve body came from - hope this helps. Have fun, buckshot

OP
OP
B

buckshot

Morning guys, An update to my control valve problem. I went to the internet and plugged in "bobcat 610" on ebay and came up with a complete control valve body from Hess Brothers in Indiana. I emailed them in order to insure the spools in their valve body were not shot. They assured me that the spools were in good shape and the add listed the valve body as one that came out of a working machine. I bought and had them ship it out to me. As soon as I got it I took it to Marion Hydraulics here in Ocala, Fl. Because the R&R of this body is such a pain in the A$$ I wanted to be sure it was serviceable. They pressure tested it and informed me that the inner casting of the valve body was "fractured and worthless". We then checked to see if the spools from the newly acquired valve body could be fitted to my old valve body. I had Marion Hyd. install the new O rings and seals and pressure test it. It worked!!!. Although I got burnt on the valve body I was able to obtain the goal by salvaging the spools. Redleaf, You may think of going to e bay also but as in all things bought this way "LET THE BUYER BEWARE". I wish to thank all of you folks who responded to my call for help. Now I need help again. After filling the hyd system I found out my left front wheel seal is leaking bad. Are there any short cuts to R&R this seal. I would think the bearings should be replaced while it is apart. I may start a new thread to obtain the most feed back. Good luck Redleaf - Hess Brothers may have the parts you need from the same machine this valve body came from - hope this helps. Have fun, buckshot
Redleaf, I'm sorry, I was not paying attention. I had been reading another thread where someone was looking for driven pulley for the 610. I thought it was you. After re reading your post I was reminded that you needed the spools also. Something I learned after I obtained the valve body on e bay. You may be able to take the spools to a welding shop and have them sprayed (welded) and then turned down to size as was mentioned in the above post from Tazza. Have Fun, buckshot

redleaf

Redleaf, I'm sorry, I was not paying attention. I had been reading another thread where someone was looking for driven pulley for the 610. I thought it was you. After re reading your post I was reminded that you needed the spools also. Something I learned after I obtained the valve body on e bay. You may be able to take the spools to a welding shop and have them sprayed (welded) and then turned down to size as was mentioned in the above post from Tazza. Have Fun, buckshot
Glad to hear that you got fixed up buckshot. Repair shop just finished putting new seals in my control valves, Technician said new seals after polishing should last a while.Will hopefully get it back together sometime this week.

Latest posts