Need assistance from someond with a 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

The side plates that cover the drive motor were missing when I bought the 853, just called BC and they want $80 each. A fella I know has a water jet machine so I'll get him to cut them. I was wondering if someone that has an 853 would trace out one of the side plates including the bolt holes and mail it to me, I can have it cut for a whole lot less. I will gladly pay you for your effort. Thanks...

skidsteer.ca

Perry
I'll try to get to you in the near future. Btw the plates are not flat from the factory, but they probably could be made that way. where they come down the side of the machine where the white meets the grey paint , the plates have a bend in them to tuck the lower 1/2 closer to the chain case.
Personally I thing I'd start with 2 rectangles or 1/4" plate, one for the top the other for the bottom and overlap them in the middle and weld them together. Just take the bolt spacing off the frame of the machine.
I can take you a few pics with a tape measure on top in the near future.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
I'll try to get to you in the near future. Btw the plates are not flat from the factory, but they probably could be made that way. where they come down the side of the machine where the white meets the grey paint , the plates have a bend in them to tuck the lower 1/2 closer to the chain case.
Personally I thing I'd start with 2 rectangles or 1/4" plate, one for the top the other for the bottom and overlap them in the middle and weld them together. Just take the bolt spacing off the frame of the machine.
I can take you a few pics with a tape measure on top in the near future.
Ken
Ken, located a logger down the road, he said I could remove one of his and make a template. Thanks for your offer. Perry

skidsteer.ca

Ken, located a logger down the road, he said I could remove one of his and make a template. Thanks for your offer. Perry
Perry
Does your 853 have a block heater?
I need to know which frost plug hole it goes into.
Ken