Need a unique bumper pull trailer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dozer

At first glance this seems like a no brainer but hear me out.
I have a 2002 ASV 4810 that weighs around 9000# with the bucket and over 12k with my attachments
A standard tandem axle 7k will just barely be enough. I am looking for a bumper pull triple axle skidsteer trailer or something that gets me int he 16k GTW rating. Also the width needs to be at least 72"
I am currently using a 25' gooseneck that allows me to put some of the weight on the truck but I also lose my flatbed which I would love to throw an extra attachment on.
I could use pics and links if anyone has any ideas.
I have looked at equipment trailers but have shyed away due to a lot of extra un-needed weight.
thanks,
Lucas

jklingel

Dozer: Curious; where to you see un-needed weight on the trailers you've looked at? The ones I've seen/use seem to have nothing there but what is necessary. Have you looked at taittrailers.com? I think they do custom work, too, and I've seen triple axles there; also dual wheeled, double axles.

skidsteer.ca

Dozer: Curious; where to you see un-needed weight on the trailers you've looked at? The ones I've seen/use seem to have nothing there but what is necessary. Have you looked at taittrailers.com? I think they do custom work, too, and I've seen triple axles there; also dual wheeled, double axles.
Dozer
If you go to a tridem, you must be vary careful the hitch height is right or the front or rear axel ends up over loaded. On a tandem trailer the axels can equalize a lot more.
Tridem trailers need to be set up so the truck carries more weight so when the equalizers can no longer move (because they bottomed on the frame) the tongue still does not get too light.
I have one with a 60/40 split to the center or the axel group (or 20% tongue weight, assuming the entire deck is carrying equal weight) It should have been at least 70/30 because it often has too little tongue weight and likes to whip. This is why you often only see tridem in a gooseneck trailer.
I had to adjust the hitch 3" high when empty so as the truck squats the trailer gets down to level or it is a complete pig to tow. Some day I'm going to cut the tongue of and extend the deck forward to balance it out.
That was not one of my better ideas.
Ken

johnson_d98

Dozer
If you go to a tridem, you must be vary careful the hitch height is right or the front or rear axel ends up over loaded. On a tandem trailer the axels can equalize a lot more.
Tridem trailers need to be set up so the truck carries more weight so when the equalizers can no longer move (because they bottomed on the frame) the tongue still does not get too light.
I have one with a 60/40 split to the center or the axel group (or 20% tongue weight, assuming the entire deck is carrying equal weight) It should have been at least 70/30 because it often has too little tongue weight and likes to whip. This is why you often only see tridem in a gooseneck trailer.
I had to adjust the hitch 3" high when empty so as the truck squats the trailer gets down to level or it is a complete pig to tow. Some day I'm going to cut the tongue of and extend the deck forward to balance it out.
That was not one of my better ideas.
Ken
I am in the same situation as you dozer. I just bought a t300 weighing in at about 9800 lbs. I originally wanted a dump trailer but did not find too many that would have the payload capacity to haul it. The only one I've found so far are the big-lug trailer with the optional 8k axles but they cost more than I want to spend right now so will probably just end up getting a gooseneck flatbed for now. Not sure where you are located but I was also looking at this one... http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/1469444054.html ...which might suit your needs. Hope this helps a little.

OP
OP
dozer

dozer

I am in the same situation as you dozer. I just bought a t300 weighing in at about 9800 lbs. I originally wanted a dump trailer but did not find too many that would have the payload capacity to haul it. The only one I've found so far are the big-lug trailer with the optional 8k axles but they cost more than I want to spend right now so will probably just end up getting a gooseneck flatbed for now. Not sure where you are located but I was also looking at this one... http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/1469444054.html ...which might suit your needs. Hope this helps a little.
Johnson I like the idea but like you funds are an issue. It looks like for the time being I will sell my gooseneck and buy an equipment trailer like this
http://www.bismanonline.com/getListing.php?tcat=&cat=&p=1&a=470736
While its not perfect I at least get use of my flatbed back.
any other ideas?

johnson_d98

Johnson I like the idea but like you funds are an issue. It looks like for the time being I will sell my gooseneck and buy an equipment trailer like this
http://www.bismanonline.com/getListing.php?tcat=&cat=&p=1&a=470736
While its not perfect I at least get use of my flatbed back.
any other ideas?
I understand. Just out of curiosity, what do you have for a gooseneck since you are looking at selling it?

OP
OP
dozer

dozer

I understand. Just out of curiosity, what do you have for a gooseneck since you are looking at selling it?
1992 Dura-Lite 25 Gooseneck. Two 7k axles. Its in good shape besides one bent ramp. (Don't Ask) All lights and brakes work. tires in good shape. Nice thing is up here in ND you can get a decent price for gooseneck trailers because of all the guys who use them to haul hay.

BASHBRO1

sledesigns

1992 Dura-Lite 25 Gooseneck. Two 7k axles. Its in good shape besides one bent ramp. (Don't Ask) All lights and brakes work. tires in good shape. Nice thing is up here in ND you can get a decent price for gooseneck trailers because of all the guys who use them to haul hay.

BASHBRO1
You could get a regular 14k two axle & add an extra axle for a tri, may or may not need to move the original two forward or back for weight distribution. I was going to do this, then opted for a dual tandem, two 10k axles. What steered me in that direction was that in a pinch I could swap tires / wheels from the 1 ton dually truck to the dually style trailer.

OP
OP
dozer

dozer

You could get a regular 14k two axle & add an extra axle for a tri, may or may not need to move the original two forward or back for weight distribution. I was going to do this, then opted for a dual tandem, two 10k axles. What steered me in that direction was that in a pinch I could swap tires / wheels from the 1 ton dually truck to the dually style trailer.
I have also looked at that as an option. My other option is just buying a longer gooseneck trailer since I would be able to put all my attachments on it easily then. But if I go longer I am also looking at 10k duals since i too have a Dually. Dozer