National Oil seals for M610

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cb1

Got my M610 all taken apart and need 10 axle seals. They are National and have a part number (40301XX) stamped on them. They do not come up or cross at the local parts (auto) store, and they sell National seals. Any help? Also, I know there are a couple opinions out there, but what oil should I use after I replace the seals and bearings? I have read everything from transmission fluid, engine oil to hydraulic oil. But most important, I need a good number for seals. And a good source (cheapest). Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Try the dealer, on my 743 the price they sold seals for were pretty darn close to what i paid from a guy my dad knew so i got them at the best possible price.
Try taking a seal with you and measure the shaft and see if they can give you a seal from dimensions.
There are a few M610 people in here that know their stuff! they will no doubt chime in and tell you what fluid you should be using.

OldMachinist

Try the dealer, on my 743 the price they sold seals for were pretty darn close to what i paid from a guy my dad knew so i got them at the best possible price.
Try taking a seal with you and measure the shaft and see if they can give you a seal from dimensions.
There are a few M610 people in here that know their stuff! they will no doubt chime in and tell you what fluid you should be using.
I found a National seal 40301S at the place I buy from for $7.10 each. The dimensions are 2.000 ID x 3.005 OD x .250 wide. Here's a link to it http://www.ebatmus.com/cart.epl?Buy=1&Quantity=1&ItemID=191324&Query=40301

Hope it helps you out.

jerry

On my 610 I only replaced 2 axle seals but found them to be 1/3 cheaper and a better designed seal at Bobcat rather than buying them at NAPA. I used atf oil in it and it worked good but with a leaky seal it leaves a red trail in the snow.

OP
OP
C

cb1

Thanks for the replies guys. I find that Bobcat actually has the correct seal for $6.17 each. However they sell a kit which contains two seals, a repair sleeve and lock tite for $45.98 per axle. So basically $61.70 for the cheap fix or $224.00 for fixing it right. Probable should spend the extra 140 up front, as the seals are somewhat difficult to replace. Thanks again guys

Latest posts