N H L555 boom bucket locked

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jf356

I have read several of the previous post, I am having similar problems. It will start, move, but the boom and bucket wont raise I had a bad wire on the seat belt so I fixed that thinking it was the problem I need the value of the diode to put in line and the orientation, line to the green wire with red stripe or to the green solid? this so I may get the proper voltage back to the control mod, I think 1.2 - 1.6 on the control module the seat light comes on the seat belt light comes on but the light on the column for the seat belt stays on and no other lights on the control mod hence boom stays locked It was an overnight break, park it working - next day started and poof wont raise boom or bucket locked as if I didn't fasten the belt after sitting down please any assistance, thanks

Ivan

I can rn mine without the seat belt buckled as I don't have that on it. If you have a switch under your seat that will cause this if it is bad or not working because of being unplugged or a bad wire. Mine will do the same thing if his switch is unplugged. It will move for or backwards and the boom will not raise but I can tilt the bucket up and down

OP
OP
J

jf356

I can rn mine without the seat belt buckled as I don't have that on it. If you have a switch under your seat that will cause this if it is bad or not working because of being unplugged or a bad wire. Mine will do the same thing if his switch is unplugged. It will move for or backwards and the boom will not raise but I can tilt the bucket up and down
I get the seat switch activation I get the seat belt light on no other lights come on and the seat belt light on the column stays on

deaop06

When I first got my 555 it done the same thing. It was a go no go thing. I check the seat switches ( I have two) and one wire was broke so I just replaced both. Got them from Grasshopper. Still had the problem. I could wiggle the seat belt and it would work sometimes. My machine set for 6 years outside and never moved. I just bought a new seat belt and never had anymore problems with it. The seat belt light should go out when you hook it up. Best thing you can do is get a service and parts manual if you are going to keep it. Also an owners manual. good luck

OP
OP
J

jf356

When I first got my 555 it done the same thing. It was a go no go thing. I check the seat switches ( I have two) and one wire was broke so I just replaced both. Got them from Grasshopper. Still had the problem. I could wiggle the seat belt and it would work sometimes. My machine set for 6 years outside and never moved. I just bought a new seat belt and never had anymore problems with it. The seat belt light should go out when you hook it up. Best thing you can do is get a service and parts manual if you are going to keep it. Also an owners manual. good luck
Where is the best place to get parts for this unit ? please

deaop06

Where is the best place to get parts for this unit ? please
I get most parts from a dealer. I found the seat belt on eBay. I got the under seat switch's from a Grasshopper dealer. You have to shop around. Google can be your friend. I got all my manuals from eBay. The parts manual will give you part numbers and diagrams. Until the belt light goes off the boom will not move. Finding parts that are not 3-4 times higher priced is a job. Smaller parts from dealer can be reasonable. Good luck.

Rayhat

L785 1992. Very similar machine. I removed both of my switches from under the seat and just rerouted a wire to a rocker switch up on the gauge panel. You still have to follow the starting sequence key on, seat switch on, turn key to start. I am aware of the safety issue. Work smart. A fool and his limbs will soon part.

Ivan

I just bypassed the seat switch with a jumper wire.
Ever think what can happen when you do this. Maybe not to you but to someone not familar with the machine. Dealer did mine once this way when it was in the shop and when I got in turned to sit down boom shot up. I found the jumper wire and went to the shop that did it which was a NH dealer. Service manager almost crapped all over him self. Please be safe

Belstad88

Mine had the same issues. Ended up a mouse chewed the a wire off going from the ignition switch. Replaced the wire and its working fine now.
After repairing my seatbelt light stays on 24/7 even with the key off?

ap5152

I had this problem twice. First time it was seatbelt switch. Second time was a ground squirrel nest under the seat / floor panel. They chewed the wires going to the hydraulic solenoids.