Mustang 940

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bahmi

One for sale locally. Are these quality machines in general? Don't see many, wonder how they hold up. thanks Mike

73Eldo

I dont know that model but in general when they were made in Owatonna MN they were good quality machines made from quality parts. My little one from the 70's had sunstrand hydraulics and a kohler motor. Not sure what has happened since they got bought out. Being that they were made an hour south of where I live they were pretty popular. Bobcats were 4 hours north west. Hydromacs were about 4 hours north. Seems like there was another.... I guess its skid steer central around here.

Land-Tech

I dont know that model but in general when they were made in Owatonna MN they were good quality machines made from quality parts. My little one from the 70's had sunstrand hydraulics and a kohler motor. Not sure what has happened since they got bought out. Being that they were made an hour south of where I live they were pretty popular. Bobcats were 4 hours north west. Hydromacs were about 4 hours north. Seems like there was another.... I guess its skid steer central around here.
I had a 940 before i got 2040. Very dependable and none of the lockout stuff that the new models have. Good balance also heavier steel than the newer models.scott

JD4440

I had a 940 before i got 2040. Very dependable and none of the lockout stuff that the new models have. Good balance also heavier steel than the newer models.scott
Ours we traded for the S185 was a great machine. Seems like it would pick up anything. Seemed to go through chaincases with an abusive operator though. that and filled tires