Mustang 440

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

denmis

I have a 1982 mustang 440 Gas engine has a Ford 1.6 L. Looking for a diaphragm or rebuild kit for carburetor. Thanks. I have been calling everywhere i can find

foton

I think these engines might have been used in the ford capri ? I believe they were used in europe a lot in autos. I think bobcat also used the 1.6 in the 742? do not know if there was any difference. maybe someone smarter will chime in.

flyerdan

I think these engines might have been used in the ford capri ? I believe they were used in europe a lot in autos. I think bobcat also used the 1.6 in the 742? do not know if there was any difference. maybe someone smarter will chime in.
Rock Auto should have it. They will probably have kits for several different carbs used on the series, so if you can get any identification off your carb first it will help in the search.

Wayne440

I do not claim to be smarter, but can confirm that the 742 has a Ford 1.6. No idea if the carb is the same between Bobcat vs. Mustang.

craigb93

I do not claim to be smarter, but can confirm that the 742 has a Ford 1.6. No idea if the carb is the same between Bobcat vs. Mustang.
The 742 Bobcat uses a Zenith updraft carburetor. If the Mustang is fitted with an updraft carb look for a Zenith kit. The last one I bought was a Melroe Company 6512543 kit but some stuff may be still available from Zenith.