Mustang 345 Hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

marcogranto

I have just acquired a Mustang 345 and don't know much about it other than how to use it. It has a couple of leaky cylinders that will be repaired in the next couple of weeks so I've been adding hydraulic oil as needed. This morning I was pushing some brush with it and it just stopped. The bucket won't raise or lower or tilt and the loader won't move forward or backward. Someone mentioned something about a rod that may be loose under the seat. Any idea what that is and how it's affecting my hydraulics? I would also like any additional info on the machine. It's a diesel engine but that's about all I know about it. Year, manufacturer of engine is unknown. Some of the parts on the engine say Deutz. Thanks Marc Grant

Land-Tech

I'm not familiar with the 345 except a web search. agriconmanuals .com has manuals for the 345 for $29. They are a vertical lift machine first built by OMC and branded as Mustang. OMC built skidloaders for John Deere in the seventies. None of the ads listed a year so I couldn't tell how late they built them. The first ones had Ford industrials for engines so Duetz is a later model. The safety lock system was not in place on my 940 in 1991 but my 1996 1040 does. In a older machine, if you lost all hydralics with out a lock out system it might be coupler between engine and pumps. I assume the engine is running still.If the pumps are working you would get some sort reaction with one of the controls I would think.Go with the manual first, its cheap info. Scott

Tazza

Staff member
I'm not familiar with the 345 except a web search. agriconmanuals .com has manuals for the 345 for $29. They are a vertical lift machine first built by OMC and branded as Mustang. OMC built skidloaders for John Deere in the seventies. None of the ads listed a year so I couldn't tell how late they built them. The first ones had Ford industrials for engines so Duetz is a later model. The safety lock system was not in place on my 940 in 1991 but my 1996 1040 does. In a older machine, if you lost all hydralics with out a lock out system it might be coupler between engine and pumps. I assume the engine is running still.If the pumps are working you would get some sort reaction with one of the controls I would think.Go with the manual first, its cheap info. Scott
I too think it sounds like a lock out system, are there any lights or displays? it sounds like possibly a seat bar or seat sensor if its new enough to have one (which it sounds like it is).

OP
OP
M

marcogranto

I too think it sounds like a lock out system, are there any lights or displays? it sounds like possibly a seat bar or seat sensor if its new enough to have one (which it sounds like it is).
After pulling the seat out, I saw that the linkage for the pumps is located there. I didn't see anything lose so I reinstalled the seat and started it back up and everything worked. Thanks for the feedback. Marc