Mustang 2044

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Oompa

3 issues with my 2005/6 Mustang 2044 skid steer. Often when I start it, it will start, then immediately die. After 3 or 4 tries, it will remain running. Doesn't happen all the time. (Bar is down, seatbelt locked, and both rocker switches set for brake......). Drives me nuts as I fear it will happen out on a job and not be able to load it up to bring it home!! Secondly, I lost the diesel fuel tank, FUEL CAP. I have a temporary fix on it but would love to find a replacement. Thirdly, my battery finally went. What would be the recommended replacement battery? It has a 31 CD 800 CCA battery in it currently Thanks for your advice!!

Mustang2044

Hey mate,
Not sure if you resolved this, but mine had the exact same "dying" issue... long story short turned out to be the diesel shut off solenoid, the "hold open" coil for lack of a better term, was failing and loosing current, thus shutting the machine down, a new a solenoid and fresh wiring solved this problem for me.
Hope that may help

Mustang Guy

On my 2040 the engine would only run as long as the starter was engaged (kinda hard on the starer motor). Turned out to be a burned out timer switch.