Metal tracks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Are there companies to avoid when looking for steel tracks?. I local owner said something I really didn't think about. He said you can rebuild metal tracks!
I talked to these people today after I found them on ebay...
'tracksandundercarriage'
I don't know anything about them so I thought you guys would know best.

Thanks

bobcat_ron

You can rebuild any Steel track, except for the really small excavators where the pads are welded to the rails, I've seen a few Komatsu's with that straight out of Japan. My Dad and I have done 2 PC-60 excavators ourselves, pulling the pads off and swapping them over to the new set of rails, but lately we have the local John Deere dealership do it. Usually it's best to buy OEM tracks, some sprockets have different pitches than other brands, your dealer would know this.

Fishfiles

I presume what your asking about is metal tracks over the tires of a skidsteer loader being rebuilt , with the better brands like Loering and Grousser I have purchased links , bolts and bushings and redone the sets , when the crossover bars get worn thin you can lay a piece of flat bar on each link and weld it to whats left and extend the life of the track , I find the cheaper brands are faster wearing and disposable as what they cost compared to the labor and materials it is not fiesable

lgammon

I presume what your asking about is metal tracks over the tires of a skidsteer loader being rebuilt , with the better brands like Loering and Grousser I have purchased links , bolts and bushings and redone the sets , when the crossover bars get worn thin you can lay a piece of flat bar on each link and weld it to whats left and extend the life of the track , I find the cheaper brands are faster wearing and disposable as what they cost compared to the labor and materials it is not fiesable
i have a set of lodgring(sp) and the only wear i am noticing is the bolts are about 1/4 1/3 worn through thinking about replacing the bolts this winter, this is a simple fix just a few hours with the ole buzz gun. some of the cheapos that i see on ebay are nothing but logging chains with cross bars welded to them, when they wear out you will just break links and you will have to throw the whole mess away. i don't think that they are worth the money

OP
OP
P

perry

i have a set of lodgring(sp) and the only wear i am noticing is the bolts are about 1/4 1/3 worn through thinking about replacing the bolts this winter, this is a simple fix just a few hours with the ole buzz gun. some of the cheapos that i see on ebay are nothing but logging chains with cross bars welded to them, when they wear out you will just break links and you will have to throw the whole mess away. i don't think that they are worth the money
Thanks,.......

OP
OP
P

perry

I was looking for more information on metal tracks myself and found this thread interesting. It talks about re-building tracks, too:

http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=5654
Thanks Rock, after talking to folks and reading that and other links, I'll go with the least moving parts!. Replacing bolts, nuts, bushings and welding on cold rolled rods is no big deal.

mclarenusa.com

Hi perry,
When you say "metal tracks" are you referring to a set of metal tracks to go on your mini-excavator or over-the-tire metal tracks? Our company actually offers both and I may be able to help answer some questions you may have. Let me know.
Thanks,

OP
OP
P

perry

Hi perry,
When you say "metal tracks" are you referring to a set of metal tracks to go on your mini-excavator or over-the-tire metal tracks? Our company actually offers both and I may be able to help answer some questions you may have. Let me know.
Thanks,
I was looking for over the tire tracks, I have since found a set of used grousser for $750, as I understand they need rods welded to the tracks. I'll know this weekend.
I am looking for wheel spacers for 12" on my 853.

skidsteer.ca

I was looking for over the tire tracks, I have since found a set of used grousser for $750, as I understand they need rods welded to the tracks. I'll know this weekend.
I have new ones for $400 plus freight out of Wi.
Sometimes you can find good used on ebay.
Ken

mclarenusa.com

Perry,
We also offer spacers for a Bobcat 853. I believe they are around $350.00 shipped. Please feel free to contact our sales department if you are interested.
Thanks!
www.mclarenusa.com

Latest posts