Melroe gas Hyd line location

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Worleysworld

Newbee be kind LOL I just bought a Melro skidsteer and the Line it appears it goes from the speed control under the seat and goes somewhere toward the back the small line is about 3 ft long It was laying loose over the drive pulley when I got it and it I didnt really see a leak till I believe I was moving the lever when I was driving it around any ideas or schematics? it is an old unit 4 cyl wisconson it does have qwick attach for what that might be worth thanks for any help

OldMachinist

Any idea what model machine it is? From your description it could be a M444, M500 or M600. Also a serial number would help.
The line likely went to the hydraulics that adjust the variable speed drive.

OP
OP
W

Worleysworld

Any idea what model machine it is? From your description it could be a M444, M500 or M600. Also a serial number would help.
The line likely went to the hydraulics that adjust the variable speed drive.
pretty sure it does as I can see where the one end goes under the driver seat but the hose is 3 ft long and cant find the other end fitting where is the serial number located on these older machines? thank you

mark18mwm

pretty sure it does as I can see where the one end goes under the driver seat but the hose is 3 ft long and cant find the other end fitting where is the serial number located on these older machines? thank you
On my 600 the serial number can be found if you stand in front of the bucket and look into the cab, then under the seat on the vertical panned in front/ below of the seat is a small plate with the numbers on it. I would assume the 444, 500, 600, 610 are all the same spot.

6brnorma

On my 600 the serial number can be found if you stand in front of the bucket and look into the cab, then under the seat on the vertical panned in front/ below of the seat is a small plate with the numbers on it. I would assume the 444, 500, 600, 610 are all the same spot.
Worley…..I've been gone for a while and I'd imagine you've already found the answer to your question but, the other end of that line goes to the very end of the variable speed sheave. Since you were unable to see it immediately, I'm guessing that the "swivel" has broken off (it happens often for various reasons) and is not very obvious to you.

OP
OP
W

Worleysworld

Worley…..I've been gone for a while and I'd imagine you've already found the answer to your question but, the other end of that line goes to the very end of the variable speed sheave. Since you were unable to see it immediately, I'm guessing that the "swivel" has broken off (it happens often for various reasons) and is not very obvious to you.
I bet thats it just need to find a schematic or parts exploded view trying to also find a machine like mine i can look at. Next issue is it seems the motor doesnt rev up enough when I crank the levers to turn it about kills it any ideas?

6brnorma

I bet thats it just need to find a schematic or parts exploded view trying to also find a machine like mine i can look at. Next issue is it seems the motor doesnt rev up enough when I crank the levers to turn it about kills it any ideas?
Turning issue could be several things. Incorrect tire pressures are an easy one to fix, types and sizes of tires can be a problem, engine timing, etc. but mostly…. the VF4D engine never was a particularly strong engine……an old/worn VF4D engine is a real bugger.

jerry

Turning issue could be several things. Incorrect tire pressures are an easy one to fix, types and sizes of tires can be a problem, engine timing, etc. but mostly…. the VF4D engine never was a particularly strong engine……an old/worn VF4D engine is a real bugger.
If the engine just peters out when turning rather than trying to keep it's rpm up check the mechanical timing advance in the distributor. The one I had was rusted tight and it made a big difference in power. It is under the point plate in the bottom of the dist. if I remember right.

Latest posts