melroe bobcat 610 bent drawbar removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rjardo

My drawbar was bent when the previous owner dropped something VERY heavy on it. It was nearly impossible to release the bucket, with lots of beating and swearing required.. I did get it partially straightened by heating it cherry red and prying it back, tho there's no really good way to get leverage in there. Now I've decided to remove it to get it working better. I think it's a hollow tube with pins at each end held by small roll pins. I got one of the roll pins out, but there is no good way to get the large pin out of the end, and I'm afraid to drive it in.. Has anybody ever pulled one of these out before and what's the best way. I can straighten the drawbar on my press once i have it out, but not having any luck so far.. Thanks!

6brnorma

Just thinking out loud rjardo……..could you weld something to the end (bolt) and then get hold of it with slide hammer to pull it?

OP
OP
R

rjardo

Just thinking out loud rjardo……..could you weld something to the end (bolt) and then get hold of it with slide hammer to pull it?
you are a mind reader.. i welded some re-bar, and broke the welds several times. i gave up on trying to remove the pin from the end.. ended up with some 5" schedule 80 pipe, chains, and an 8 ton bottle jack rigged to bend the bar back into shape.. tilting the frame and getting it aligned was a little difficult, but once done, that sucker is now much straighter