M610

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Derrick

I was recently given an old 610 - after a bit of cleaning and lots of WD40 - things are moving and it actually works....mostly. I have a manual ordered but I was wondering if someone could help identify what the small pedal on the right side (next to the bucket tilt pedal) is for? The three larger ones are clear to me but I have not explored the smaller one to the right yet... Any info is grately appreciated. Looking forward to playing with this old girl!

6brnorma

I'm guessing you have one of the few that came equipped with brakes. If you will look underneath (inside) at the back side of the front axels you should see what amounts to a brake drum type of set up. If you've got them……that's likely what the extra pedal is for.

OP
OP
D

Derrick

I'm guessing you have one of the few that came equipped with brakes. If you will look underneath (inside) at the back side of the front axels you should see what amounts to a brake drum type of set up. If you've got them……that's likely what the extra pedal is for.
Thanks for taking the time to reply - You are correct - I took the covers off the "floor" and exposed the brake drums and all the linkage that was siezed! I freed up all the parts so they work like new again but both back-side Shoes are seperated and need to be replaced. Anyone have a lead on new ones?

6brnorma

Thanks for taking the time to reply - You are correct - I took the covers off the "floor" and exposed the brake drums and all the linkage that was siezed! I freed up all the parts so they work like new again but both back-side Shoes are seperated and need to be replaced. Anyone have a lead on new ones?
Derrick……It's possible a bobcat dealer can get parts for you but I doubt it. Personally…..I would take all of it off and use them as Bass Boat anchors. Very few 610's were ever made with the brake system and even fewer still have them on. Just no need for them in my view.

antfarmer2

Derrick……It's possible a bobcat dealer can get parts for you but I doubt it. Personally…..I would take all of it off and use them as Bass Boat anchors. Very few 610's were ever made with the brake system and even fewer still have them on. Just no need for them in my view.
There are still place's that reline brake shoes not that hard to find

SkidRoe

You should be able to get them re-lined, providing the shoe tables are not rusted out. Check your local area, there should be a company that could do this for you. We have had this done for tractors that we have restored, with great results. HTH

6brnorma

You should be able to get them re-lined, providing the shoe tables are not rusted out. Check your local area, there should be a company that could do this for you. We have had this done for tractors that we have restored, with great results. HTH
LOL...one minute apart....you two jumped all over that.

OP
OP
D

Derrick

I figured since I took the time to free things up - a parking brake may be handy... I found Edmonton Brake and Clutch Ltd. in Alberta (Canada) actually has these shoes in stock$45/pair and have a spring kit as well ($16.96) - . I am about 4 hours from there so not that much out of my way... I also located a place closer that will re-line them for me too for $17 per shoe! I plan to put the brakes back in action... Thanks for the replies - Love this forum!

antfarmer2

I figured since I took the time to free things up - a parking brake may be handy... I found Edmonton Brake and Clutch Ltd. in Alberta (Canada) actually has these shoes in stock$45/pair and have a spring kit as well ($16.96) - . I am about 4 hours from there so not that much out of my way... I also located a place closer that will re-line them for me too for $17 per shoe! I plan to put the brakes back in action... Thanks for the replies - Love this forum!
I agree best to make right I would go with new and let them ship it to you when they reline they don't get the taper right and you have fit and grind not healthy for you or your family

Latest posts