M610 Low High selection and loader Prob

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sublime

Hi there just purchased an old 610, When i try and select the High Speed, it loads the engine and stalls. the other problem is if i use the loader hi and low it does the same thing. i'm going to start witha carby overhaul, and a service. Any other suggestions??? Thanks Michael

Tazza

Staff member
The stalling is a known problem. From memory its not an engine problem its a problem with the clutches. I think there is a binding problem. I don't know what exactly but there are a few people with 610's that know their stuff they will poke their noses in soon i'm sure and point you in the rite direction.
As for the carb, it wouldn't hurt to give it a quick clean any way. Change the engine oil and filter and the fuel filter while you are at it. Then you have a place to start.

OP
OP
S

sublime

The stalling is a known problem. From memory its not an engine problem its a problem with the clutches. I think there is a binding problem. I don't know what exactly but there are a few people with 610's that know their stuff they will poke their noses in soon i'm sure and point you in the rite direction.
As for the carb, it wouldn't hurt to give it a quick clean any way. Change the engine oil and filter and the fuel filter while you are at it. Then you have a place to start.
No worries, i have order all the service parts and i'll be interested in the clutch details. Easy fix then. i have ordered the repair and maintenance manuals too.