M610 Hydraulic Leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DannyTheVito

Hey everyone, I have an M610 with a small hydraulic leak under the belt drive. I haven't been able to find a manual that tells me what the line is for so I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on it and maybe identify some lines for me.

S467QVR.jpg

The problem line is the top one in the picture. The leak is in a bend right under the belt drive. Not sure how, before I owned it, the line got bent upward and has been rubbing on the belt. I'm not sure if this is a high pressure line. How would I go about replacing this line? Would I be able to snake the old one out, fabricate a new one and snake it back in? Hoping someone else has been in this situation before and can offer some tips and tricks.
Thank you!

OP
OP
DannyTheVito

DannyTheVito

Alright this may have got easier than I thought it was going to be.

I found this in the parts manual of how it's put together.
text

It's leaking right where #4 5&6 meet. There was a loose hose clamp up by the filter I'm wondering if rattled off the hose. It would make more sense than the belt rubbing a hole in the tubing considering I see no damage on the belt.

I'm going to crawl up under it next I'm at the shop to see if I can get a better look. If all I need to do is replace a hose it will be a Merry Christmas.

OP
OP
DannyTheVito

DannyTheVito

Alright this may have got easier than I thought it was going to be.

I found this in the parts manual of how it's put together.

It's leaking right where #4 5&6 meet. There was a loose hose clamp up by the filter I'm wondering if rattled off the hose. It would make more sense than the belt rubbing a hole in the tubing considering I see no damage on the belt.

I'm going to crawl up under it next I'm at the shop to see if I can get a better look. If all I need to do is replace a hose it will be a Merry Christmas.
Sorry to keep posting, just getting all the information out into the vast void of the internet I can.

After lots of digging and looking where I should have looked first, I have confirmed it is the roto swivel that is leaking. Seems this is a common problem with this model. Joy.

Going to consult with my local bobcat supplier to see if there is a rebuild kit and the cost of it. If the cost is too high I've read about just welding it into high so we'll see.

flyerdan

Sorry to keep posting, just getting all the information out into the vast void of the internet I can.

After lots of digging and looking where I should have looked first, I have confirmed it is the roto swivel that is leaking. Seems this is a common problem with this model. Joy.

Going to consult with my local bobcat supplier to see if there is a rebuild kit and the cost of it. If the cost is too high I've read about just welding it into high so we'll see.
That is a common problem, and parts are scarce. If you're not on it already, there is a Facebook group that has a lot of the old clutch machines: Melroe Bobcat Owners of America Group

6brnorma

Have you gotten on the site Flyer recommended yet. If you haven't …. let me know and I'll get you approved.

buckwill

Have you gotten on the site Flyer recommended yet. If you haven't …. let me know and I'll get you approved.
hahahahahha lol wife, no need to remind u every 6 months just so much very lol now that is funny, and on thematter of belt oor anything else rubbing against a belt, i used to do aircraft troubleshoot inspections, i especially looked for rub points, two wires crossing, wires against throttle cables, anything like that, one thing i can guarantee, if you have ANY thing touching rubbing against a belt, you will get a failure, a leak, quickly, with very little damage to the belt, i once rolled a cherokee almost inverted over the west end runway at torrance with what i thout was a near mid air with a very realistic biplane kite, when the owner, in left seat saw it was a kite, he became very angry said im taking control, went back and attempted to cut the string by ramming, i did not know that a string cud cut a wing , its the speed of the string over the surface, if u have anything close to a belt or pulley, seperate them so they do not ever touch, failure can occur in minutes, on the cherokee, the man sold the cherokee at great financial loss because the ite string cut into the wing main spar, making it making it unairworthy and unfeasable to financially replace,, buck