m600 wont move

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

njwbd

I bought a M600 the other day. starts right up. worked fine for 2 days. today it just died. I found that the main harness disconnected. plugged it back in, started right up. but now it wont move. the lift and tilt are fine, but it wont drive. hopped off found the variable speed line broke off and was leaking everywhere. I don't know much about these machines, but is this why it wont drive at all? I thought this would just not activate the faster speed. how do I fix this? is there a parts diagram? when I opened the access panel the line was lying there broken off and the cap was off. how did the ine eve connect to the base I can slide the outer cover off nothing holding it on. What do I do???

Tazza

Staff member
I have pics, but cant figure out how to add them
To show pictures you need to host them somewhere like tinypic and right click/copy then right click/paste into your post, they should show up.

John763

I have a M500, chances are your drive belt is worn to the point that it's too narrow to drive the machine with no "squeeze" on it. I got my manuals from Bobcat. Also, if yours still has the keyed drive pulley on the engine, it can be replaced with the drive pulley off a M610. just noticed the date on this post, hope you got it going by now