M600 clutch adjustment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

newbe

Just purchased M600, service manual has not arived. Reverse drive quit working on left side. Took off side cover and clutch disk between the 2 metal plates was missing. Found paper thin sections of disk inside. Purchased 2 new clutch plates. 1. The clutch plate for the forward travel looks to be about the same thickness as the new ones, but I want to replace it also so they are both the same. 2. Should I replace the other 2 clutch plates on the right side also? 3. How tight do you tighten the clutch adjustment nuts? Thanks for any information.

skidsteer.ca

If the other clutch plates are not worn thin, there is really no need to replace them imo. Unless the manual (whenit arrives) say they need to be equal sizes for some adjustment reason. Sorry I can't help much. I had a 371 with this drive system but never did anymore then open it up and look in there and change the oil.
Ken

jerry

the clutch should set so the levers move about 3 inches either way from neutral out at the end of the levers. when you take it apart check the thrust bearings in there, they do go to pieces and that could have caused the problem if one of the little rollers got in the wrong place. drag a magnet through the bottom of the tank to see what you can find there also. jerry