m371 control valve

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mn371

hey, i found this site while looking for some answers and it looks like a good one, so here i am. i bought a m371 a few months ago and have been doing some repairs. i put some new tires on. a new seat. an ignition above my head on the cage cause i guess i'm just a little to chubby to reach it in the factory spot. a cutting edge. a head gasket. 3 new hoses. belts. 1 rim. a battery. seal coated the gas tank. some lights. rebuilt 2 cylinders. a fuel pump. and went through the control valve. i'm pretty happy with it cause i'm at total of $1500 on it. i think i got a good deal so far. i could use some info that maybe a manual could help with. i just aint ready to spend the money on one yet. when i lift the arms it seems ok. when i tilt the bucket it's quite slow. when i lift or lower and tilt at the same time the tilt speeds up. the presure is slightly over 1200. so i tore into the valve and all looks good there. i think it must have an internal crack or something though. the tilt is on the input side then the lift in the center and the auxilary is on the output side of the valve. i switched the aux and the lift hoses and control levers. now the lift and tilt work wonderfully. my questin is can i switch the lift and aux spools in the housing so i have the float option etc. i didn't want to try it in case the insides wouldn't allow it to work that way. also i can't seem to find a new 3 spool valve for it. it looks like the ones for other models except for maybe the pressure is lower on mine. can i just get a valve for another model and change the pressure or what. thanks

skidsteer.ca

You can set the pressure up, the relief valve adjustment in right on the hydraulic control valve.
You can't switch the spools in the valve however, they are machined/matched for the bore they are used in.
Ken

OP
OP
M

mn371

You can set the pressure up, the relief valve adjustment in right on the hydraulic control valve.
You can't switch the spools in the valve however, they are machined/matched for the bore they are used in.
Ken
thanks skidsteer.ca, thats one answer for me. i didn't want to do that switch then have to move it back for nothing. i want to make up a 6.5ft plow with hydraulics so i would later need my aux. i see that OldMachinist posted a pic of a control valve that says 450 series 453 bobcat service manual. it looks as though that would fit in my m371. do i need to care about flow levels or sizes of ports to hook up or would it just slip right into place? also does anyone know where i can get one that would fit in a 371? maybe a site or store or what application to ask for. thanks