M series

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cambo77

Hi all. Just wondering if there is any inside gossip, if and when Bobcat will superseed the rest of the K series loaders with the M series range?? Reason being I am looking upgrade my machine shortly and would not be happy if I bought one and 6-12 months later its upgraded with an m series model. cheers

waggles

I think the M series is a bigger machine class period. How do you redesign the smaller machines to look like the bigger ones ? What purpose ? The way the economy is I cannot see it happening. I have an 09 S130 and it fits like a glove, the balance and ergonomics is way better than the oppositions machines. A redesign would only make small improvements without changing the wheelbase or dimensions of the machine. Dont worry about it, its not a car that gets redone every year for more sales.

Miker67

I think the M series is a bigger machine class period. How do you redesign the smaller machines to look like the bigger ones ? What purpose ? The way the economy is I cannot see it happening. I have an 09 S130 and it fits like a glove, the balance and ergonomics is way better than the oppositions machines. A redesign would only make small improvements without changing the wheelbase or dimensions of the machine. Dont worry about it, its not a car that gets redone every year for more sales.
Buy your machine now if your are going to. The upgrades are nice while they are new, but when they break down they are a kicker. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but i hear they are going to urea based engines like the new pickup truck diesels in order to remain emissions compliant.
I like tech, but the new diesels are getting unworkable and if it were me I would grab a mid 2000's machine and hold onto it till the politicians find a way to ban them outright.

Fishfiles

Buy your machine now if your are going to. The upgrades are nice while they are new, but when they break down they are a kicker. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but i hear they are going to urea based engines like the new pickup truck diesels in order to remain emissions compliant.
I like tech, but the new diesels are getting unworkable and if it were me I would grab a mid 2000's machine and hold onto it till the politicians find a way to ban them outright.
75 hp and up will burn Urea , most of the small machines are already Tier 4 compliant and not required to burn Urea , I was told at our local dealer they are no longer taking orders on 2011's and the factory is retooling for the 2012 models