LX865 Lucas injection pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tractorman44

Any tips to keep in mind before removing my Lucas injector pump for shop service ? Assuming there are visible marks once the cover is removed I'll note their position with #1 at TDC for starters. I sure would like to avoid a major issue. I mean its already such a bear just to get to, much less get it back in in time. Oh yeah, this is my first post.

OP
OP
T

Tractorman44

Any tips to keep in mind before removing my Lucas injector pump for shop service ? Assuming there are visible marks once the cover is removed I'll note their position with #1 at TDC for starters. I sure would like to avoid a major issue. I mean its already such a bear just to get to, much less get it back in in time. Oh yeah, this is my first post.
As a follow up to what I have found concerning this removal if you like, check out this short video with updated input from the rebuilder once I got it back from him. I hope this helps others in the removal of theirs in the future. I will have a video eventually on the dis assembly and re assembly of the pump on the machine.

tech.35058

I have not yet had to pull injectors on my lx865. Where i previously worked in an engine rebuild shop, getting the injectors out of the head could be pretty difficult, if not impossible. When reassembling,(when the injectors were not under the valve cover), we would add a ring of rtv sealant around the top of the body/barrel, sealing the injector into the hole. Next time, it is easier to deal with the sealant than the rust.