LX565 runaway?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wolfscrape

I pulled a well used LX565 out of the weeds a few months ago and I'm having some issues.
The rack in the injection pump was stuck in the off position so I pulled the pump and found one plunger stuck. Freed it up and put the pump back in.

I got it started and it was dumping black smoke and I had no control over the throttle. It was over revving BUT I can shut it down with the key which activates the plunger that closes the rack.

I pulled the pump back out and checked to make sure I had it timed correctly and as far as I can tell, it is. Reinstalled and same thing.

I am not sure where to go from here and want to make sure I am thinking about this correctly. Seeing as how the rack will shut down the engine I am not sure what to do next.

Bad injector(s)? Governor stuck?

The throttle linkage all feels ok and it does move the rack. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
W

wolfscrape

Plungers were installed 180 off. I have no idea how it started, but it did. The plungers are marked with a line just like the timing marks but they do not line up with the timing marks, they go the opposite way.
It's running good now and I learned a valuable lesson. Pay better attention when taking things apart.

Last edited: