lx 665 quits

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

fspring

have a lx 665 that quit 4 times today while using it. it started right back up and ran each time. i was not there while it happened so i dont know what went on. i am also new to this machine, what should i be looking for?? thanks in advance!!

skidsteer.ca

None of the warning lights went off?
Then I'm thinking its fuel related. How old is the fuel filter, have you drained the water trap on it.
Can you still hear the lift pump run while the glow plugs count down?
Ken

OP
OP
F

fspring

None of the warning lights went off?
Then I'm thinking its fuel related. How old is the fuel filter, have you drained the water trap on it.
Can you still hear the lift pump run while the glow plugs count down?
Ken
for som reason the control does not count down. it just says 'cold'. its in a heated building at 55-60 degrees. should it still count down when i turn on the key??

92LX555

for som reason the control does not count down. it just says 'cold'. its in a heated building at 55-60 degrees. should it still count down when i turn on the key??
I would check the engine oil. Make sure #1 that you have enough and #2 that the oil looks good.

skidsteer.ca

There is a white arrow on the display that points to the right? if you press it the display will toggle through the menu, from hours to water temp to oil temp to rpm to volts and back to hours.
Yours is either on oil temp or water temp, and if the display says cold the oil or coolant is below 32f. Assuming all is working right. Both my oil and water said 49f. When I switched the key on it jumps to the glow plug timer countdown and then back to oil temp when it counts out.
See which of the temps yours is set on (the yellow "idiot light" indicator switches as you move from one to the other) and switch it to the other to see if that reads the corect temp for your building. Maybe the water temp sendor is unhooked or broken resulting in a cold reading, but it would seem to me your glow plugs should come on for the maximum time then.
If you water temp sendor is goofy, that could cause a shutdown too. Does the display beep a warning at you when it quits? (maybe hard to tell as it beeps when you shutdown without putting on the park brake too)
Ken

OP
OP
F

fspring

There is a white arrow on the display that points to the right? if you press it the display will toggle through the menu, from hours to water temp to oil temp to rpm to volts and back to hours.
Yours is either on oil temp or water temp, and if the display says cold the oil or coolant is below 32f. Assuming all is working right. Both my oil and water said 49f. When I switched the key on it jumps to the glow plug timer countdown and then back to oil temp when it counts out.
See which of the temps yours is set on (the yellow "idiot light" indicator switches as you move from one to the other) and switch it to the other to see if that reads the corect temp for your building. Maybe the water temp sendor is unhooked or broken resulting in a cold reading, but it would seem to me your glow plugs should come on for the maximum time then.
If you water temp sendor is goofy, that could cause a shutdown too. Does the display beep a warning at you when it quits? (maybe hard to tell as it beeps when you shutdown without putting on the park brake too)
Ken
well i dont think this eic is any good. according to the manual i downloaded there is supposed to backlight the icons when you switch from one display to the next. also the last didget does not seem right. good news is i see there is a update kit for this eic and the 10% off at open houses will be coming up soon. i cannot make the unit beep either. ive been told that the eic units are a problem area. i tried to put it into diagnostic mode but could not get it to light up anything.