Lucas Oil 15W-40 TBN Long Drain Truck Oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pondfishr

Has anyone had any experience good or bad from using this oil in your Diesel Engine. I own a Dixie Chopper gasoline 27hp mower and the manufacturer recommends this oil in both the engine and hydros. It is a long drain truck oil designed for Diesel engines. It would simplify things for me if I started running this in all of my equipment. I use Bobcat brand hydro oil in my skidsteer and plan to continue.

tsanders

pondfishr i have the upmost confidence in lucas oil products. i run all thier products in everything i own. my camper had a jerk in the steering so i carried it to an alingmet shop and after checking it they found nothing wrong. they said i should put lucas power steering fluid in it and i did . drove about 10 miles and it steered perfect. didnt have to buy a steering sector.

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

pondfishr i have the upmost confidence in lucas oil products. i run all thier products in everything i own. my camper had a jerk in the steering so i carried it to an alingmet shop and after checking it they found nothing wrong. they said i should put lucas power steering fluid in it and i did . drove about 10 miles and it steered perfect. didnt have to buy a steering sector.
From what I have read I feel like it should be a good oil for my machine. They carry it at Summit Racing Equipment for $15.00 per gallon. I can have 4 gallons show up at the door for right at $60.00. At Bobcat I think I spent well over $5 a quart along with $20.00 in gas for my truck. I appreciate the service the Bobcat dealers offer and I still want to use quality products. But with the high prices today every little bit helps.