LS185B (2005) Hydraulic Question - Extra Aux Output?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

eeastment

Hello,

I have a 2005 LS185B with high-flow hydraulics. Purchased used, it's been a great machine.

I have an auxiliary hydraulic output on the front that I'm confused about. My machine has the standard and high-flow output/return lines on the front plus one additional output. I 'assume' the additional output is operated by a thumb-switch located on the right-hand control lever. On the hand control there is thumb button with #2 on it. See photos.

My questions are:
1.) what is this small aux hydraulic output typically used for? What type of implements would use this?

2.) if used, what is the appropriate 'return' line when using this output?

Because the aux output is smaller than the other ports i would assume it's lower flow possibly higher pressure?

I've never used it because the metal hard line high-flow/standard-flow ports are used to operate my straight-arm backhoe and my auger.

What is this guy for and who uses it?

Attachments

• DB4208B7-04B7-4B8E-8FB8-500B0FE637ED.jpeg
    DB4208B7-04B7-4B8E-8FB8-500B0FE637ED.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 103
  • 2BE1B40B-D348-4CC3-8F22-0670FD3A118E.jpeg
    2BE1B40B-D348-4CC3-8F22-0670FD3A118E.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 104
OP
OP
E

eeastment

I don't think it would be a case drain for an attachment, but I'm not sure. What do you mean by a case drain for the attachment specifically? I guess I don't understand what that means.

I have a thumb switch on the hand control with #2 on it. I thought this switch ports oil in/out of the 2nd Aux output line. But I've never used it so I don't know the button actually ports oil in/out of that line…

I just can't figure out what type of attachment would use the 2nd aux hydraulic line?

foton

I am also thinking a case drain , I believe they are used on some mowers so when you disconnect hydro power you have all that momentum energy still rotating the blades so it is turning the hydro pump on the mower with no where to go, so the oil it is relieved back to the case thru the drain. as best as I know. my machine has this but the only thing it does on mine is the pressure relief quick connectors are bleed off there in the connecting block . never had a attachment hooked to it.