ls170 engine parts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

any one know where to find engine parts for shibaura 844t engine for the new holland ls170? my engine was running crappy and i found oil in the coolant. pulled the valve cover and found broken push rods and bent push rods. pulled the head and the pistons had hit the exhaust valves. gonna try to put her back together with new push rods, valves and headgasket. any advice is appreciated.

jerry

I'd dig deep enough to find out why this happened before I put it together again. I may be wrong but I think using starting fluid on these newer engines can do a lot of that type damage, not like the old cats, they seemed to thrive on it. Check especially the valve timing train, chain or gears or belt for breakage.

skidsteer.ca

I'd dig deep enough to find out why this happened before I put it together again. I may be wrong but I think using starting fluid on these newer engines can do a lot of that type damage, not like the old cats, they seemed to thrive on it. Check especially the valve timing train, chain or gears or belt for breakage.
You should have pressure tested the coolant sytem while the head was on to see if you could find the leak. Wonder if the the gasket went and coolant leak into the cylinder causing hydraulic damage to the valve train. Believe the cam gear driven, so a failure there would be obvious. Not sure if these engines have a common problem along these lines.
Try Engine Rebuilders in ND for parts or the dealer.
Messicks.com has their parts cat online along with pricing.
Keep us upto date.
Ken

OP
OP
A
You should have pressure tested the coolant sytem while the head was on to see if you could find the leak. Wonder if the the gasket went and coolant leak into the cylinder causing hydraulic damage to the valve train. Believe the cam gear driven, so a failure there would be obvious. Not sure if these engines have a common problem along these lines.
Try Engine Rebuilders in ND for parts or the dealer.
Messicks.com has their parts cat online along with pricing.
Keep us upto date.
Ken
thanks for the ideas, i will keep you updated called the dealer today and waiting for them to fax me the parts quote... cant wait to c the damages :)

OP
OP
A
thanks for the ideas, i will keep you updated called the dealer today and waiting for them to fax me the parts quote... cant wait to c the damages :)
375.00 for pretty much every part to rebuild the head. valves, springs, seals, pushrods, head gasket etc. had the injection pump rebuilt while machine is down and tech who rebuilt it said he found broken springs in pump. anyone heard of that before and does that have anything to do with my problem listed above?

OP
OP
A
375.00 for pretty much every part to rebuild the head. valves, springs, seals, pushrods, head gasket etc. had the injection pump rebuilt while machine is down and tech who rebuilt it said he found broken springs in pump. anyone heard of that before and does that have anything to do with my problem listed above?
HEAD IS CRACKED! PLEASE HELP ME FIND ONE. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN LOOKING FOR A USED ONE OR REMAN? DEALER WANTS 1800.00

Tazza

Staff member
HEAD IS CRACKED! PLEASE HELP ME FIND ONE. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN LOOKING FOR A USED ONE OR REMAN? DEALER WANTS 1800.00
There are places that can repair cracks in heads. Is there only one crack? or multiple ones? If you have one, it may be worth it, but multiple ones you may be chasing your tail.
I have never even heard of that brand of engine, sorry, i have no idea where to look for aftermarket or used.

jerry

There are places that can repair cracks in heads. Is there only one crack? or multiple ones? If you have one, it may be worth it, but multiple ones you may be chasing your tail.
I have never even heard of that brand of engine, sorry, i have no idea where to look for aftermarket or used.
go to the member list find "heatpumpproducts" and contact him. in 2009 he had a line on 844t engines.this is from one of his posts"i ordered my new engine today feb 10/09 for $ 4550.00us and $280.00us shipping from NewHolland ,PA.U.S.A" he has a e-mail there also.

OP
OP
A
go to the member list find "heatpumpproducts" and contact him. in 2009 he had a line on 844t engines.this is from one of his posts"i ordered my new engine today feb 10/09 for $ 4550.00us and $280.00us shipping from NewHolland ,PA.U.S.A" he has a e-mail there also.
so i found a company JT Services in Minn. that does a lot of work on the n844t engine and he suggested removing the motor from the machine in order to check the rod bearings and inspect the oil pan, pickup etc. removed the engine today and ill inspect the lower end this week. if the low end checks out ok, i will order a head from JTS, he has great prices and he seems really knowledgeable. (the crack in the existing head is a pretty bad one i guess it goes through an injector port so i think salvaging the cracked head is a dead issue at this point) if the low end doesnt look good im gonna contact heatpumpproducts about the engines he had a lead on.