lost hydraulics - can I move it safely

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jredou

Have a 763 bobcat. Was digging a ditch with bucket attachment. Blew a hydraulic line. About 5 or 6 gallons of hyd fluid dripped out. Fluid was milky color. Bobcat won't roll or dig. Bobcat is in the way. Can i pull it out of the way with a chain without hurting anything? Thanx, j redou.

Tazza

Staff member
I have moved dead machines with brute force many times.
If the oil is contaminated with water, you need to drain out whatever you can.
Technically, you can disengage the brake and slowly drag it and it will roll, just very slowly.
Good luck with the repairs.

SkidRoe

If it is the hose from the gear pump to the control block, it can be fixed in place so that you can at least move it. Blew that one on the 773 last year, was down for about 1.5 hours. There is a cover on the side of he frame that gives you wrench access to the control block end of the hose. HTH - SR

farmshop

If it is the hose from the gear pump to the control block, it can be fixed in place so that you can at least move it. Blew that one on the 773 last year, was down for about 1.5 hours. There is a cover on the side of he frame that gives you wrench access to the control block end of the hose. HTH - SR
You can drag them if you have enough traction usually they will slide. Otherwise you can tip up the cab and pull the traction lock solenoid and clamp a vise grip on the lock pin. Just go slow

rodbuilder

Any time I ever had to move a skid loader or forklift I could kiss the ground because I own a hydraulic tilt bed trailer with a 12,500 pound winch on it!!! I buy a cheap 1/2 gallon of laundry soap......... broom a couple trails of soap on the trailer and winch it up!!! Why Bobcat and other companies that make this hydrostatic stuff don't put a relief valve on them is ridiculous and a total; mystery to me. I'll bet they would if they ever had to work on them - ya think?