location of diode for lights case 445ct

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bingoo

trying to find the location of the diode for the work lights on a case 445 ct . I have looked every where close to the two light relays . no luck . also is the diode like a fusible link or something else . thks bingoo

foton

are you sure it is a diode that looking for? a diode would be used in a alternator to change ac to dc power, they also keep power flowing in one direction. I know nothing about your machine electronics.

OP
OP
B

bingoo

are you sure it is a diode that looking for? a diode would be used in a alternator to change ac to dc power, they also keep power flowing in one direction. I know nothing about your machine electronics.
thks foton for the reply . I have the electronic systematic diagrams and still cant locate the diode . The diode is wired to the light relays . Everything else is working light bulbs , relays, light switch---- so has to be the diode . bingoo

foton

thks foton for the reply . I have the electronic systematic diagrams and still cant locate the diode . The diode is wired to the light relays . Everything else is working light bulbs , relays, light switch---- so has to be the diode . bingoo
I would chase it down like this . going from the lights make it back towards the work light switch . your work lights will give you almost a solid short ohm wise (If they are good) ,so you can chase that ohm reading back to your power source. if you want to verify the reading disconnect the lights and the short should go away. Let me mention if the lights have two wires one is hot the other is ground ,if the lights have one wire the one that goes to the lights is hot and the ground comes from the chassis of the machine to the housing of the light. so you will need to determine how it is wired and use the meter accordingly. good luck

OP
OP
B

bingoo

I would chase it down like this . going from the lights make it back towards the work light switch . your work lights will give you almost a solid short ohm wise (If they are good) ,so you can chase that ohm reading back to your power source. if you want to verify the reading disconnect the lights and the short should go away. Let me mention if the lights have two wires one is hot the other is ground ,if the lights have one wire the one that goes to the lights is hot and the ground comes from the chassis of the machine to the housing of the light. so you will need to determine how it is wired and use the meter accordingly. good luck
thks foton . i will give it a try . bingoo

OP
OP
B

bingoo

thks foton . i will give it a try . bingoo
well finally found the diode i was looking for . there are four in the machine . Diode checked out ok . Problem lies with the mother board . pins on the connection for the mother board good , but there is a problem between them and the light buttons , or the buttons themselves . I have no idea of how to to diagnose the squiggles and other parts on the mother board . guess i am going to have to take it to the dealer . Anyone with some knowledge of mother boards should have no problem diagnosing from the pin to the light button . bingoo

foton

well finally found the diode i was looking for . there are four in the machine . Diode checked out ok . Problem lies with the mother board . pins on the connection for the mother board good , but there is a problem between them and the light buttons , or the buttons themselves . I have no idea of how to to diagnose the squiggles and other parts on the mother board . guess i am going to have to take it to the dealer . Anyone with some knowledge of mother boards should have no problem diagnosing from the pin to the light button . bingoo
If it is just the work lights that are affected , I would be tempted to add a switch to turn the lights on and off. until something else gets affected , I can only imagine what a cost a new board is. There was a post on the bobcat side I believe of a firm repairing the bcis system boards maybe the do other manfs. too. do some searching those posts. good luck

OP
OP
B

bingoo

If it is just the work lights that are affected , I would be tempted to add a switch to turn the lights on and off. until something else gets affected , I can only imagine what a cost a new board is. There was a post on the bobcat side I believe of a firm repairing the bcis system boards maybe the do other manfs. too. do some searching those posts. good luck
thks for your help foton . Much appreciated . Yeah already read the stuff on the boards. Trying to get someone local to check the board . I know where the pins are on the connection and where the button switch is .Jut need to trace it on the board and test the button switch after it of etc . If i cant get anyone , i will run a wire , Again thks bob