loading a dead bobcat 630

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bingo

how is the easiest way to load a bobcat 630 (about 3800 lbs) on a lowboy trailer just need to lift it about three feet and then back a trailer under it. engine will not run so cant move it that way. I thought about whenching it but dont know what will work. the bobcat is the only eguipment i have so no forklifts,bachoes, ect. except renting one but for now cost too much... any poorboy suggestions...of how it could be done, and its on dirt...thanks

jerry

Three feet is a awfully high lowboy. Winch it up a ramp is all I can think without spending money. Can you back the trailer in a depression or ditch or dig a trench for the trailer tires to make the lift less? Jack it up little by little and use heavy wide blocking so it is secure, maybe railroad ties. Every inch you can decrease the difference in height will mean a lot. Check with local tow truck, around here a rollback truck to haul it a few miles would be $100 -$150. If you slide it up a ramp I would lubricate it with something cheap and plentiful even used cooking oil would help.

OldMachinist

Three feet is a awfully high lowboy. Winch it up a ramp is all I can think without spending money. Can you back the trailer in a depression or ditch or dig a trench for the trailer tires to make the lift less? Jack it up little by little and use heavy wide blocking so it is secure, maybe railroad ties. Every inch you can decrease the difference in height will mean a lot. Check with local tow truck, around here a rollback truck to haul it a few miles would be $100 -$150. If you slide it up a ramp I would lubricate it with something cheap and plentiful even used cooking oil would help.
If its a hydrostatic drive they will roll if you take the parking brake off and have someone hold the steering levers in the direction you need to go. I've winched mine on a trailer this way. On mine the parking brake will dis-connect if I have the key on and hit the push to operate button. It won't roll very fast but the tires will turn.

Tazza

Staff member
If its a hydrostatic drive they will roll if you take the parking brake off and have someone hold the steering levers in the direction you need to go. I've winched mine on a trailer this way. On mine the parking brake will dis-connect if I have the key on and hit the push to operate button. It won't roll very fast but the tires will turn.
Your best bet is to use a tilt tray (or drop deck as i have heard them called) to transport it somewhere to work on it. Being hydrostatic drive, the wheel motors will not want to spin without the engine running. Brute force is the only real way to get it to move.

OP
OP
B

bingo

Your best bet is to use a tilt tray (or drop deck as i have heard them called) to transport it somewhere to work on it. Being hydrostatic drive, the wheel motors will not want to spin without the engine running. Brute force is the only real way to get it to move.
I think I will try some of the things you guys suggest,That is if will stop rainning some time before winter sets in. we have had a lot of rain. so when i can catch a dry day im trying that thanks.