lift arm support and hoses

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

phaeg

I have an older machine that does not have a factory support for the lift arms when up for service. What is the safest way to support these I know the dealers sells something for this but wondering if a piece of schedule 80 pipe could do the trick without sacrificing safety. Is there any place else to get hoses other than the dealer to save $$

perry

Use a tree limb and a chain hooked up correctly!, I found a independent industrial supply company that makes my hoses for about 40% less than NAPA. Check your yellow pages.

Tazza

Staff member
Use a tree limb and a chain hooked up correctly!, I found a independent industrial supply company that makes my hoses for about 40% less than NAPA. Check your yellow pages.
If i need to remove lift arm rams i have used a block of wood between where the arms sit on the chain case and arm, this gives enough height to get the rams out. I don't like haveing the arms way up in the air, even if supported. I currently have the arms in the air being supported with a chain to the shed and a jack under the back to prevent it from lifting the front wheels. Any hydraulic hose shop will help you with hoses. Tube lines you may be stuck with the dealer, all those twists and bends.....

thetool

If i need to remove lift arm rams i have used a block of wood between where the arms sit on the chain case and arm, this gives enough height to get the rams out. I don't like haveing the arms way up in the air, even if supported. I currently have the arms in the air being supported with a chain to the shed and a jack under the back to prevent it from lifting the front wheels. Any hydraulic hose shop will help you with hoses. Tube lines you may be stuck with the dealer, all those twists and bends.....
I carry around a length of 2x1/4 angle iron. I bought a 3 foot piece and cut about 8 inches or so off and use it as a boom stop.

Latest posts