Landscaping

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1gr8bldr

I need something to condition lawns with. Rather than hire it done, I would like to buy an attachment such as a Harley rake. What is best for this. Is this the better type?

Tazza

Staff member
This is for new construction. It would be used on my S250
I guess it depends on what you are trying to do to condition the soil. Are you going to put down new soil to seed? ir get it ready to lay turf?
Can you not use a leveling bar to flatten the area and hopefully bury or push out of the way, any larger rocks. Then get top soil if you plan on planting seed and doing the same to level it out?

OP
OP

1gr8bldr

I guess it depends on what you are trying to do to condition the soil. Are you going to put down new soil to seed? ir get it ready to lay turf?
Can you not use a leveling bar to flatten the area and hopefully bury or push out of the way, any larger rocks. Then get top soil if you plan on planting seed and doing the same to level it out?
Using existing soil. No sod. Planting fescue

Ryan123

I prefer a preperator it has its own buck and you can cart the debri to a dump truck or a spot without have to rake it all to a certain point but iam in SW Missouri and we have so many different soils but that preperator makes it nice