L785

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

porkchop

1993 L785 any good bad or other things with one has 2400 hours. Also approximate value would be vaulable. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
any body have any info!!
Sorry, i have no experience with these machines, mllud may know a bit about them though, as he does work for NH. Give him a little time to see the post, i'm sure he will have some comments on it for you.
I suspect its a machine you are looking at buying? if so, do the usual things like checn for play in the pins, does it smoke when first started (engine must be stone cold), does it have good power, are there any odd noises?

mllud

Sorry, i have no experience with these machines, mllud may know a bit about them though, as he does work for NH. Give him a little time to see the post, i'm sure he will have some comments on it for you.
I suspect its a machine you are looking at buying? if so, do the usual things like checn for play in the pins, does it smoke when first started (engine must be stone cold), does it have good power, are there any odd noises?
Tazza I am sort of obcessed with my New Holland And have learned some about the LX series but im not a New Holland Mechanic.I did assemble mine from a blown up basket case. Im not familiar with the L785. I believe its a 60H/P to 65 H/P loader from the early 90s
Porkchop: . Size makes a differnce. How well it has been taken care also.
As tazza says a good visual and running check is important. Look down in the belly for leaks. 2400 hours is not a lot for a loader thats been taken care of. If its been rode hard and not maintained then thats different
Ive noticed on skid steers age is not as important as condition, although age is a factor.If its 60 to65 H/P it could be worth 8 thousand for high hours to 12 thousand in good condition with low hours..Thats just from what ive seen from brousing the net.
The cheaper they get the more your likley to have to work on them.There arent a lot of new holland owners here on the forum.Look on ebay if you have some time, its a pretty good indication of market value. I would be cautious about buying on ebay.Google,[ L785 skiid steer] and there should be some to look at and compare prices.. With those hours my best guess is $9.000 if its clean and doesnt look hammered.If its not a dealer you may get it cheaper. Mike

mllud

Tazza I am sort of obcessed with my New Holland And have learned some about the LX series but im not a New Holland Mechanic.I did assemble mine from a blown up basket case. Im not familiar with the L785. I believe its a 60H/P to 65 H/P loader from the early 90s
Porkchop: . Size makes a differnce. How well it has been taken care also.
As tazza says a good visual and running check is important. Look down in the belly for leaks. 2400 hours is not a lot for a loader thats been taken care of. If its been rode hard and not maintained then thats different
Ive noticed on skid steers age is not as important as condition, although age is a factor.If its 60 to65 H/P it could be worth 8 thousand for high hours to 12 thousand in good condition with low hours..Thats just from what ive seen from brousing the net.
The cheaper they get the more your likley to have to work on them.There arent a lot of new holland owners here on the forum.Look on ebay if you have some time, its a pretty good indication of market value. I would be cautious about buying on ebay.Google,[ L785 skiid steer] and there should be some to look at and compare prices.. With those hours my best guess is $9.000 if its clean and doesnt look hammered.If its not a dealer you may get it cheaper. Mike
I still se a lot of these machines around . Here are some to look at and compare prices.
http://www.equipmentlocator.com/asp...ndustry/ag/type/3/make/new+holland/model/l785

Tazza

Staff member
I still se a lot of these machines around . Here are some to look at and compare prices.
http://www.equipmentlocator.com/asp/browse/con/4/loc/na-en/industry/ag/type/3/make/new+holland/model/l785
*slaps forehead* i meant charger!!!!
Sorry about that.....
I have been in a totally different planet for the last 2 weeks.... Making mistakes everywhere at work, not a good thing either.