L785 Lift cylinder rebuild kits

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1kgreg

Hello all, im hoping someone might be able to answer a question. I have an L785 I believe it's a 93. My right side tilt cylinder was leaking so I bought the rebuild kit for the cylinder (kit 86509056)
The main seal from this kit is too big for the Cylinder head I have. According to the image I'm attaching to this thread, the part I need is 27 for picture b. when I look this up, it looks like that is the kit I bought. I read in a thread from 12 years ago that there are 2 different head sizes so there are 2 different seal sizes, but i can't find an alternate kit or seal online, the thread im referencing below the guy said he found the right one but didn't list any part numbers or kit numbers so it wasn't very helpful except to confirm that i have the wrong size> i have the correct u-cup installation tools, but it is just too big to fit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Previous thread on this

Attachments

• bucket-cylinder.png
    bucket-cylinder.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 71

mrbb

contact a long time NH dealer like Messick's, give them your vin # and they will get you the right seal

OP
OP

1kgreg

That Diagram is from Messick's web page, and while it shows 2 types of tilt cylinders available on the l785 I think there are 2 different head configurations for the second cylinder type, that the diagram doesn't show. so if no one here has an answer im going to make the hour+ drive to the closest NH dealership and have them check it out.

foton

if there is a hydro shop closer stop by there and see if they have any luck matching things up from their in stock o-rings and seals, that just might save you some windshield time.

mrbb

That Diagram is from Messick's web page, and while it shows 2 types of tilt cylinders available on the l785 I think there are 2 different head configurations for the second cylinder type, that the diagram doesn't show. so if no one here has an answer im going to make the hour+ drive to the closest NH dealership and have them check it out.
like I said, CALL messick's why drive 4 hours, odds are they will be able to help you over the phone
the reason is, many newer dealer ships don;t have staff that ever worked on these older machines, where as long time dealers like messick;'s, still do
and as such, they have a wealth of knowledge that most times they can help you over the phone, saving you drive
and then again they most likely can get you the correct parts! and ship them to you

OP
OP

1kgreg

Well I figured it out so i will leave this here for posterity. The L785 bucket has 2 types of cylinders. In the OP image it shows them as the A and B type with the B being the bottom of the picture (the one i have). The B type then has 2 types of cylinder heads/Seals available, one is a larger bore (the seal for the larger bore is - SEAL 28.57mm ID x 41.45mm OD x 6.35mm Thk part 128406 )and the other has a shallower bore (SEAL 28.7mm ID x 34.8mm OD x 6.35mm Thk Part 80592790)The Standard Kit that fits most of the B type of cylinders is the 86509056 which was replaced by kit 86518279 (I believe these are pretty much identical). I ordered the 86509056, all the parts fit except the Main Seal which is that 2 part seal in the cylinder head. What i should have ordered was kit 86523863 which contained the seal with part number 80592790.

I am not sure why mine is the one-off variaety, my guess is that it was an end-of-model change.

hope this helps..