L555 Lift Boom with no power

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chrisepp

After rebuilding the Kubota v1902 and getting it running, I was using the skidsteer to clear some snow, engine runs great, though hard starting. I was operating it, when suddenly the booms stopped working. I noticed the alternator light came on and there was no power in the cab. I parked the skidsteer and shut it off, can;t start it anymore as there is no power. I believe there is a 15amp breaker in the engine compartment that could cause this if it failed. But I can't get in there to check anything as I can't lift the boom. How do I lift the boom without damaging anything so I can open up the engine compartment? Or is there any suggestions as to other issues to check first? Thanks, Chris

OP
OP
chrisepp

chrisepp

I also saw mention some control module and operating mode switch, I don't think I have that on my L555?

foton

I also saw mention some control module and operating mode switch, I don't think I have that on my L555?
chances are it will make a mess but take the hoses off the lift cylinders and lift the bucket as needed with another machine . it can also be done on a manual valved (no electric valves or servos) machine by depressing the pedal to the lift and using another person and machine to lift, that away on oil is not lost just recirculated.

OP
OP
chrisepp

chrisepp

chances are it will make a mess but take the hoses off the lift cylinders and lift the bucket as needed with another machine . it can also be done on a manual valved (no electric valves or servos) machine by depressing the pedal to the lift and using another person and machine to lift, that away on oil is not lost just recirculated.
The boom lockout solinoids with no power won't open. What about just pulling the top pins of the Rams?

Ivan

The boom lockout solinoids with no power won't open. What about just pulling the top pins of the Rams?
I think you are over thinking this whole thing. I have a L 553 and I know for a fact that that boom can be raised with no to power to the machine as I have done it. You have to have someone work the foot pedal while lifting the boom with another machine. Go past the saftey lock and then lock them. Boom is up and locked. I have done it a couple times onmine. I can tell you another way but I do not approve of this way at all. The dealer uses the starter motor in short bursts whil working the foot pedal. I think this is a good way to burn out the starter

OP
OP
chrisepp

chrisepp

I think you are over thinking this whole thing. I have a L 553 and I know for a fact that that boom can be raised with no to power to the machine as I have done it. You have to have someone work the foot pedal while lifting the boom with another machine. Go past the saftey lock and then lock them. Boom is up and locked. I have done it a couple times onmine. I can tell you another way but I do not approve of this way at all. The dealer uses the starter motor in short bursts whil working the foot pedal. I think this is a good way to burn out the starter
I was able to sort out that the voltage issue appears to be up in the cab. However, when you say no power, do you mean no battery, or no running engine?

Ivan

I was able to sort out that the voltage issue appears to be up in the cab. However, when you say no power, do you mean no battery, or no running engine?
Engine not running but electrical system has battery hooked up to it but the key is off. I think an dmay be wrong but the only electrical power needed for you hyd system is for the safety switchs. If you ty to lift the boom wiithout using the foot pedal you will lift the whole front of the machine up. Do you know where theswich is for the boom lockout when the machine isrunningt

foton

Engine not running but electrical system has battery hooked up to it but the key is off. I think an dmay be wrong but the only electrical power needed for you hyd system is for the safety switchs. If you ty to lift the boom wiithout using the foot pedal you will lift the whole front of the machine up. Do you know where theswich is for the boom lockout when the machine isrunningt
if your machine has a emergency lower valve( to be used if bucket is up and engine dies) I guess that could be used also to raise if engaged and another machine used to raise bucket and then lock in place.

When I got air in my fuel lines/killed the alternator/lost the battery/etc, , I was able to lift the boom by using the starter to drive the pumps. I have to hook up a jump box (which isn't easy but can be done by squeezing through the side panel holes) to do it, but it does work - eventually.

Latest posts