L555 hydraulic oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

flopguy

Hi everyone... My question is about hydraulic fluid, does anyone have a preference as to what type I should get? I am sure the manual will point me to an obsolete type. Does anyone know roughly how much to buy? I just bought a L555 that has been neglected somewhat and I want to catch her up. I ordered a service manual. Never owned a skid before so I am a newbie..

Dutchofsc

Normally you would need universal tractor fluid meeting j20a specs, approximately 20 gallons. Get an extra bucket of oil just in case. I normally wait until tractor supply have a 10 percent cupon or a good sale before I spend that much money. I purchased an l785 a few weeks back and am in the process of doing what you are doing. I would ask you to post a picture of your new toy, but we all know how cumbersome it is to to that on this forum. Best of luck to you. Another option would be to call the dealer and see what they sell, then cross reference to a store brand.

OP
OP
F

flopguy

Normally you would need universal tractor fluid meeting j20a specs, approximately 20 gallons. Get an extra bucket of oil just in case. I normally wait until tractor supply have a 10 percent cupon or a good sale before I spend that much money. I purchased an l785 a few weeks back and am in the process of doing what you are doing. I would ask you to post a picture of your new toy, but we all know how cumbersome it is to to that on this forum. Best of luck to you. Another option would be to call the dealer and see what they sell, then cross reference to a store brand.
Thanks, yea I will watch Tractor supply... my toy needs work before I can play, every light was on except the "charge light" got them all off except alternator, but it is charging. It also inches forward slightly on right side when you let go of the controls.

Dutchofsc

Thanks, yea I will watch Tractor supply... my toy needs work before I can play, every light was on except the "charge light" got them all off except alternator, but it is charging. It also inches forward slightly on right side when you let go of the controls.
Sounds like you have some fun in your future. Good to hear that you got your warning lights off. I'm not even sure if any of mine work. The inching issue is a fairy easy adjustment, just take your time and follow the book. Keep us posted on your progress and share your findings for the benefit of others. Best to you.