L555 HYDRAULIC BREATHER

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

AndyDWA

I keep getting water in the hydraulic fluid. Seals seem good. Is there a breather valve somewhere i can investigate?

Thanks.

Ivan

Your hyd oil is in the chain cases on each side of the machine. On these cases there are inspection covers and may be where it is coming in from. Clean area around these, remove them and reseal. I used permatex on mine and it stopped it

OP
OP
A

AndyDWA

Your hyd oil is in the chain cases on each side of the machine. On these cases there are inspection covers and may be where it is coming in from. Clean area around these, remove them and reseal. I used permatex on mine and it stopped it
Thank you. I am getting that done but the question came up about breathers possibly causing/admitting condensation. But I can't find anything that identifies their location.

Ivan

Thank you. I am getting that done but the question came up about breathers possibly causing/admitting condensation. But I can't find anything that identifies their location.
I don't recall seeing any on mine. Check the hyd parts diagram. If thereae any t hey wou dhave to being inside the cab

OP
OP
A

AndyDWA

Found them. On the front cab columns, inside the cab. They look like bottle tops inside holes in the columns. The cap is push-fit and the plastic breather screws into the frame. I used a 1-1/4" AF socket to remove breathers.

On my machine, they were covered in dirty grease which falls down inside the main frame from the top boom pivot

IMG_2699.jpegIMG_2700.jpeg.