Kubota V1702-B governor springs

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
Does anyone know if the 2 springs that connect the throttle lever to the injector pump have now been replaced with a single spring? The setup that i know 2 of my other engines run 2 springs, a small one running inside a larger one. I got a V1501 that is essentially the same as the V1702 but with smaller pistons but this one runs a single spring. The only difference i see is the fact the 1501 has no stop lever, its done by pulling the throttle back. I need the dual spring setup if the single one is not correct. We called our local Kubota parts shop and they only have a single spring showing in their parts books.
Does anyone know anything about this? Can i just use the single spring from the 1501? as the engine i got was missing the throttle lever and springs.
I don't want to setup the single spring and find that the engine roars its head off and blows up!

Kudagra

Id say putting both springs in there wouldnt hurt. They attach at the same places. Ive never seen only 1 spring...but I dont think Ive had the pleasure of working on the govenor of a 1502. :D

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Id say putting both springs in there wouldnt hurt. They attach at the same places. Ive never seen only 1 spring...but I dont think Ive had the pleasure of working on the govenor of a 1502. :D
Pleasure? working on an engine? are you mad!!!
I think i will have to bite the bullet and buy genuine springs from the local genuine kubota dealer or bobcat. I'm just waiting on a reply if they can even get hold of them. I'd rather use the correct springs as to not risk engine damage if the engine over-revs.

Latest posts